Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Friday, February 8, 2008

I Must Confess

I am entering the realm of a new addiction...digital scrap booking...and I can tell it's going to be bad. I already spent probably an hour and half the other day just downloading different kits and fun things that you can use to digitally scrapbook. The idea came to me a couple of weeks ago, for some reason, that if you can scrapbook traditionally (going to the store and picking everything out, spending lots of money and being overwhelmed), then why shouldn't you be able to do that on your computer too (hopefully without having to spend lots of money and be overwhelmed). I was considering buying one of the software programs that is out there. Then, the other day I found Shay's cousins wife's blog and found out that she does it. And that I can do it too with a little program called Photo Shop which I already have. So she has been giving me pointers and tips over email and we will soon get together and I'm sure I will learn soooooooo much more. In the meantime however, I have been doing a little bit of playing on my own and my first creation is at the top of my blog. It's a start and I'm pretty excited about it. There will be more to come including pages with my cute little kiddos on them (that's if I can find the time in my busy schedule to add one more thing in, I'm sure it won't take too long to find that time though). I know that my background doesn't really match anymore, so I will be working on that soon.

And I haven't forgotten about the fact that I promised something for Emilie's Six Months Celebration, it's in the works. It will be up soon.

(Credits for my header: shabbyprincess.com "Festival" Kit.)

4 comments:

Katy said...

Very cool. I need to learn how to do that. I have given up regular scrapbooking, but I love using the computer. I also have photo shop. Hmmmmm...

Megan B said...

Wahooo!! Welcome to the madness, and your header looks great!!! I love that Shabby Princess kit :)

Diane said...

Kim,
Cindy has the name of a company that will put your blog entries into a hard copy so you can save it in another form. You'll have to ask her about it.

Marci Ward said...

I'm so glad that you shared. I have been wanted to do it forever but not knowing really where to start. If you have any pointers let me know!