Here's a little highlight of Nicholas:
I don't know how it works in your home, but in our home our silverware has genders...according to Nicholas. Maybe because we have three different types of silverware (I actually think it is because I usually use the teal colored ones that he's associated them with girls. He's very into "Mom's a girl, Emilie's a girl, I'm a boy and Dad's a boy, we're a matchy family")...I had to take a picture so that all could see what male and female silverware looks like. Tonight at dinner I had given Nicholas spoons to put on the table for he and I (Shay was working) and he came back insisting that I could not have a boy spoon, but that he needed to find me a girl spoon. I wonder when we get new silverware that matches what gender it will be?
I had to add some other photos just for fun. This is his freaking out face because there were no more pom poms and pipe cleaners left for our art project, he had used all that we got out.
This is another funny Nicholas thing. He rarely finishes his drinks at a meal, so where does he put them? In the fridge of course, for later. Does he actually drink them later? Usually not. They get taken out by mom or spilled in the refrigerate. Note to everyone: Orange juice spilled down the back of your fridge in the coiled up water dispenser line is not fun to clean up.
This one actually got spilled while he was taking it out of the fridge to drink. It looks like watered down milk, but it's horchata. A drink Shay had on his mission except this version just tastes like sugar water, but Nicholas LOVES it.
This is our little independant Nicholas. I usually get up and get ready for the day before the kids wake up, but this week because I had a cold and Emilie did too and I wasn't getting a lot of sleep anyway, waking up at 6 a.m. really wasn't appealing. So I had to get while Nicholas watched a movie and Emilie took a nap. So before I started drying my hair on this particular day I asked Nicholas if he needed a snack (yes it was already 10:30). He did and he wanted a banana, so I gave it to him and went off to dry my hair. When I got finished drying my hair I was getting dressed in my room when I heard a crunchy noise coming from him. I wondered what it could be and came out to find this...the first words out of his mouth were "I washed it mom in my sink in the bathroom!" I'm thinking I need to start cutting up fruit for him in the mornings so it's ready to go. He's our little fruite and veggie man.
This is Nicholas' stuffed pig Fenton (so named by Julianna after an ice cream shop down in California that she liked while doing her Master's there). The other day after lunch while I was still feeding Emilie and Nicholas had finished I hear him say to Fenton, "You can come watch me, here, this is a good spot for you." I can't remember what he was doing, but he soon decided that Fenton needed to sit somewhere else. It was cute he kept changing his location.


6 comments:
I love Nicholas stories! Maybe he could teach Tanner to eat the WHOLE apple down to the core. What a good little healthy eater you're raising! As far as gendered silverware, Tanner also gets a little confused when I put his breakfast in a pink bowl. I started doing it purposely a few months ago, just to keep him flexible :) Kinley used to always give me a grimace when he got the pink and she got something else. And FURTHERMORE -- that picture of Emilie with her head on the bed needs its very own scrapping page!!! Seriously CUTE!
When did the "Cute kids by Shay and Kim" start modeling? They just get cuter and cuter, brilliant[er] and brilliant[er], smilier and smilier, and Mom and Dad are having the most fun capturing those moments in time.
Love, Proud Grandma and Proud Grandpa who can't help taking just one more look [one of three sites that gather most of our online attention each day]
Fenton is a pretty good poser, too!
You will not believe this, but I also had/have boy and girl silverware at my house growing up. I also had the queen spoon which was one unlike the others and was very pretty. Whenever I go home I still won't use a "boy" spoon or fork. And according to my specifications, Nicholas has the right idea, but just backwards. His "boy" spoon would be classified in my book as "girl" and visa versa. That's okay, though. It's not like it really matters. (But tell Nicholas I don't want to use a boy fork when I am at your house.)
I love the male/female silverware. Kids are hilarious! Where do they come up with this stuff? Nicholas seems so fun!
This post was sooo cute,your kids are very adorable, and I loved learning more about the cute things Nicholas does :)
Post a Comment