Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Stairs


This cute little lady decided that she would attempt stairs today. To start off: she had success. And there was no little Emilie rolling down the stairs. Okay, now for the story. We were at my sister Kerstin's house today helping her finishing cleaning before their move tomorrow (she's moving six minutes closer to me...now it will only take me 14 minutes to get to her house instead of 20 minutes :). Emilie has been eying the stairs for a while and she would go over and get high centered on her belly, but would not get up. So today was just the same. Then a little while later while I was in the kitchen for a minute, things changed. I went into the family room to find out what the kids were doing and there was no Emilie, but there were Emilie noises. I walked over to the stair and she was up on the landing. She had made it up two stairs (and then there is a landing before the rest of the stairs) and she was headed up the rest. You can imagine the grin on her face and the panic in my heart. I'm glad I caught her before she got up too far. Later while the boys were sleeping she kept wanting to try her new skills (since she was thinking naps today were highly over rated). She would go over make it up on to the landing and I would run over to get her. When she would see me coming she would start trying to go as fast as she could and get all excited. It was really cute. Now I am going to have to watch her more carefully around stairs. Lucky we don't have any in our home.

The picture above is one I took while I was experimenting with Shay's work camera. Since I have been able to try out that camera I have been wanting one of my own. That will be a while off, I need to save all my pennies. I couldn't help but do this one in black and white too. It is too darling!! There are more of these photos, I just need to save them out. They're not jpg's right now. More to come. I must get to doing some editing for Shay for now.

5 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

She's growing so fast, lucky you don't have stairs to worry about! Those pics are awesome!

Shannon & Ryan said...

That is exciting about Kerstin and Joel's move closer to you. I hope they enjoy their new place. And I'm proud of little Em for being independent and tackling the stairs. I can also see the trepidation that would cause; it IS a good thing you don't have stairs! Wish Shay a happy birthday from both Ryan and I--we hope your celebrations tonight are delightful.
Love ya.

Shannon & Ryan said...

That is exciting about Kerstin and Joel's move closer to you. I hope they enjoy their new place. And I'm proud of little Em for being independent and tackling the stairs. I can also see the trepidation that would cause; it IS a good thing you don't have stairs! Wish Shay a happy birthday from both Ryan and I--we hope your celebrations tonight are delightful.
Love ya.

Cierra said...

That is so cute! I know how scary it was when Alyssa started getting interested in stairs, fun for her, not fun for me! She's probably way more aware of the stairs since she has an older brother!

Cierra said...

By the way, she is so cute!