This is a Nicholas quote that I had to put a little more explanation for. He and I were getting ready to make Muddy Buddy's (our newest addiction, they are so bad for you). He pulled his stool out of the closet to stand on. Emilie was right there and came to the stool and started pushing it around. Here is what Nicholas said (a little flustered that she is pushing his stool):
"Mom, Em doesn't know I'm a chef. She says: 'You're still a kid.' But I'm a chef."
Nicholas is the only 3 year old that I know that LOVES to watch the Food Network. His favorite show being Everyday Italian. He knows that it records on Saturday and gets so excited when he knows it's Saturday. "That means Italian is on," is what he says.
We knew he had watched a little too much Food Network when in church last Sunday he carefully arranged his gummy bear fruit snacks on a graham cracker like he was plating them.
I won't complain, I love to watch the Food Network too.
"Mom, Em doesn't know I'm a chef. She says: 'You're still a kid.' But I'm a chef."
Nicholas is the only 3 year old that I know that LOVES to watch the Food Network. His favorite show being Everyday Italian. He knows that it records on Saturday and gets so excited when he knows it's Saturday. "That means Italian is on," is what he says.
We knew he had watched a little too much Food Network when in church last Sunday he carefully arranged his gummy bear fruit snacks on a graham cracker like he was plating them.
I won't complain, I love to watch the Food Network too.

5 comments:
Come Prom time "Have no fear, Chef Nicholas will be there," and the worries about where to go out to dinner will be solved!
That is so cute! Nicholas is the funniest, cutest kid! (well I guess besides my own ;)
That's so awesome that he loves to cook! We should hire him to come cook for us sometime! ;)
i love how you put soo many cute quotes of what your kids say. that will be awesome to look back on a bad day. they are so adorable.
Love this story. Love you. Thanks for sharing.
Shan
He's going to be able to put this post at the front of his memoirs or first recipe book!
Post a Comment