Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Friday, April 9, 2010

March in Pictures

There were not many pictures taken in March at our home. Must have been busy! In fact, it was. I have been wanting to blog and catch up lately, but there never seems to be a free moment (and when there is I have been working on a quilt for the baby to hopefully finish before he arrives). So finally, here is the catch up. I figured I better do it before the baby comes and I have even more to catch up on.

Here is Emilie one night before bed. She insisted that she wear her monkey jammies, but the shirt was dirty. So she wore her footy jammies with the monkey ones over. She makes us giggle.
Kerstin, William, Nicholas, Emilie and I were at the grocery store in the bakery section one day when we spotted this gigantic donut. The kids (and Kerstin and I) were amazed at its size. So, since we had never seen one that size we had to get one and make sure it tasted the same. It sure did. Funny story about the whole thing: There was a little controversy over what flavor to get. Nicholas wanted just glazed and William wanted chocolate. So we asked the nice bakery man if he could put chocolate frosting on one half of the glazed. He was nice enough to oblige (and it was cake frosting, not the donut frosting) so that everyone was happy. Guess who wanted some chocolate when we got home?
Shay downloaded a cupcake game onto his ipod. The kids love it! You get to choose the flavor of cupcake, frosting, and toppings to go on. And then you get to "eat" it (by tapping on the screen). Maybe I should practice this kind of eating instead, a lot less calories this way. I thought this picture was cute because Emilie had her hand on Nicholas' shoulder and the kids are sharing nicely with each other.
Some nights Emilie is impossible to keep in her bed while going to sleep. This night we decided not to push the issue and she fell asleep in the hallway. We have a very independent child on our hands.
Shay was laying on the floor and Emilie thought this was the perfect place to be.
And then it turned into a ride for her. Hard work for dad!
The kids were having fun running around
the house in Shay's and my running shoes.
One morning a few weeks ago, I was in the bathroom getting ready for the day and Shay came in to get ready for work. He had been out studying on the couch before getting ready. When he got out of the shower he said, "I'm surprised we haven't seen the kids, I heard one of them stirring when I came in." I got a bit curious and decided to go see if they were out on the couch. Sure enough this little one was on the couch. And what was she doing? Playing games on daddy's ipod. She had navigated to the game screen all by herself and was playing a preschool game that is on there. Should our 2 1/2 year old know how to navigate on an ipod? Probably not.
Just a cute picture of our big kid Nicholas. What a cute kid!
And for the pregnancy pictures. Have to include those. The first one is at 31 weeks and the second is at 33 weeks. We have about 4 1/2 weeks until this little one is born. And I think I am almost to the point where I can say I am ready and he can come. Just a few more things to get in place. Most days I spent wearing my pajama pants to stay comfortable. If I leave the house I put jeans on.

We are excited for his arrival. We have yet to agree on a name. With both Nicholas and Emilie we had their names picked out and ready to go when we found out if it was a boy or girl, but this one has been different. I guess we'll have to see what he looks like when he is born. My doctor said that I should tell my husband that he got to pick the last name so I get to pick the first name. That for some reason didn't fly...yet.And last, but certainly not least. Nicholas is memorizing the Articles of Faith. In primary they have a goal of reaching 100 memorized collectively and then there will be a party. When they have memorized one they get to go up to the microphone and say it. So here is a video of saying the 1st and 2nd ones. He is working on the 3rd and about has it. It is fun to see him learning them. Emilie is even picking up bits and pieces here and there too.

8 comments:

CL said...

You look so cute pregnant! I can't believe how little these kids are when they learn all the computer/remote/video game stuff. Luke wants to memorize the articles of faith but if he had to go up to the microphone he'd lose all interest. Glad your child likes that!! Pretty impressive.

CL said...

PS Where's the 2 name choices? Am I blind?

Carrie said...

fun month! it's fun to see what you've been up to since i hardly see you anymore. :(
i can't wait to see your finished quilt!

you're lookin' good, only a few weeks to go now!

i didn't know they were memorizing the articles of faith in primary! what a bad mom. guess we should get on that.

Megan B ♥ said...

You're looking fantastic!

AJ and Cindy said...

the kids are getting so big, but are so cute, I love Emilie's long blond hair. You look great, I hope everything goes well with the end of your pregnancy! Can't wait to see your little man!

Winters Outloud said...

You are a cute pregnant woman!!! Love Nicholas and his AofF's~ so glad he is practicing. He's doing awesome!

Winters Outloud said...

You are a cute pregnant woman!!! Love Nicholas and his AofF's~ so glad he is practicing. He's doing awesome!

Marci Ward said...

KIM!
You look so darn cute! When is the due date? I am being induced on June 4th. So I have a couple more weeks than you. That is fun that our boys will be close in age. We are still trying to find a great name as well. I hope it all goes well.