Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Nicholas Funnies

Shay was just asking Nicholas if he liked (as a friend) someone (not a girl) and Nicholas responded, "I'm not really sure how to answer that question."

And another one from last night:

As I was doing the dishes last night the kitchen sink became clogged, like in we were going to have to pull the pipes apart because something was stuck. Shay and Nicholas were playing Wii and I informed Shay the sink was clogged (slathered thick with hinting that I wanted him to take care of it). Nicholas caught on to the cues that I wanted his Wii partner to abandon ship and help so he said, "Or you can fix it (meaning me)." And then followed a minute later, "Or he can make you fix it." I just burst out laughing because we have no idea where that attitude came from. Needless to say Shay came and fixed the sink for me (and we won't even discuss all that occured during that process) and we will be working on that little attitude of Nicholas'.

Another funny sink story (hopefully it won't gross you out): Last weekend I was cleaning our bathroom vanity when I realized the sink was clogged (fortunatly for Shay he was at work that morning). I decided to pull the sink stopper thingy out of the sink and check it out (it isn't stuck down like it is supposed to be and can be pulled out). I could see there was some blockage within reach so I decided to take care of it. I needed something just long enough to reach what it was so I grabbed and old (emphasis on the old, one that we don't use regularly) knife from the drawer to use. Nicholas was standing there watching (and dry heaving in the corner) as I pulled out the clog, hair (who put their hair down my sink?). As he sat there totally grossed out he says to me: "And I'm going to USE that knife?" Laughter ensued and then I put that knife in my cleaning tote instead of back in the drawer.

P.S. We are getting into the stage where hopefully I will have some Emilie quotes too. Although video is probably more adequate to show who our little Emilie is.

1 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

I always reading about the cute things your kiddos say, they are so funny! Thanks for sharing ;)