Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Friday, November 16, 2007

Happy Birthday Nicholas!!!

Yesterday was Nicholas' 3rd birthday. We can hardly believe that he is 3, but it's official. We had a fun filled day which the pictures below will show (I'll have to try and get some video up, but my video expert isn't home right now). First off, we have a tradition of taking a picture each year (or each month before they turn one) in the blue chair to see the growth, so that's what we'll start off with. I used to do it with him just in his diapers, but now that he's getting to be bigger (and not in diapers anymore, YEAH!!!) we'll keep him clothed. Don't want him to be too embarrassed down the road. The first one is a year ago when he turned two and then the second one is this year.



















He started off the day opening up and playing with some gifts:



















Then we made it to the Bean Museum at the BYU with Kerstin and William. Nicholas loves to go and see the animals.


























































There was a man on the first floor with a big rhino model and he was taking some rhino skin out of a bag to put over the model. So Nicholas thought he'd relax a bit while he observed.









I had to include this one because we aren't sure what William was doing, he just wanted to bury his face in the bench. We ended the day by going to Carl's Jr. to get Nicholas some chicken stars because he loves them and then coming home and having some ice cream cake decorated with dinosaurs, one of Nicholas' favorite things.



These last two pictures are from today. But we built a rocket out of Nicholas' tinkertoys (don't be too impressed, I just followed a picture on box) and Nicholas drew a sunshine on his chalkboard.













3 comments:

Rick and Summer said...

Happy Birthday, Nicholas! I am so sorry we missed his birthday call yesterday- I feel like a heel! We've been so enraptured with RJ's allergies that we passed through the day without call. Give him a squeeze and thanks for sharing the pictures. I love the Bean museum too. We used to park up by it every day for classes. Excited to see you guys soon.. love, Summer

Diane said...

Nicholas - What a fun birthday you had! Mom made you a super-neat dinosaur cake, you had an exciting trip to the museum with William and built the best rocket out of tinker toys I've ever seen. Isn't it great to be three! We love you and Emilie and Mom and Dad, lots and lots.
Grandpa and Grandma Barker

Kristalyn said...

What a good idea to always take their pictures in the same chair! I'll have to look at our pictures of Mason from when he was turning one and see if we have anything that we can make work like that! Are you guys coming to Colorado for Christmas?