Our Halloween started off a little differently than expected. Emilie woke up with a fever and a bit of croupy cough, so we headed off to the doctor...but it didn't damper the spirits of the day. We still had a fun day. Here are the pictures to prove it. (The pictures of Emilie are a few days before Halloween...we got one on Halloween, but she looked more like a ghost then a penguin. She didn't really want to sit up and have pictures taken while she was sick.)
Shay came home from work a little early and he and Nicholas carved a pumpkin. They decided to cut the hole out of the bottom because I saw on a food network show that that's how the professional pumpkin carver's do it. (I also learned that if you want to revive your pumpkin because it's wilting you just soak it in water for a couple of hours, I love the show Unwrapped)


Nicholas didn't like the texture of the inside of the pumpkin. He was very careful not to get it on his hands. So Shay decided to tease him with all the goo.


The finished product. Shay let Nicholas pick the shapes for the eye, nose and mouth. So it was carefully thought out and planned by Nicholas.
After carving the pumpkin, Nicholas and Emilie got dressed in their costumes and we were off to the trunk or treat at our church. This first picture is of Emilie yesterday...looks kind of sick. I'll attach her other pictures at the bottom.


We got a good chuckle at these costumes. The sumo wrestlers wife was also dressed up so there were two of them and then the other guys shirt said personal trainer.My favorite part of the trunk or treat was when I put a package of smarties in a little boys bag and he looked in took it out and gave it back to me and said, "No thanks." We gave him a different piece that he seemed to like better.

After trunk or treating, we were off to Draper for some fun. We stopped to meet a little Zebra. All Nicholas and Wil liam could do was stare and smile at each other. They weren't used to seeing each other all dressed up. They thought it was pretty funny.
We ended our trick or treating fun at Grandma and Grandpa Ashton's house.
When we got home Nicholas did what all little kids love to do, dump everything out and check it all out (and today he has loved to dump it out and have me tell him what everything is, he's a funny kid).
It was a fun and exciting day!!!
It was a fun and exciting day!!!Here is Emilie all dressed up a few days earlier....


I had to add this one too. During lunch today Nicholas made this face out of his food without any help from me. We had bacon for lunch because he had wanted it for breakfast, but we had to rush off to the doctor's office instead.
If you can't see it, the tomatoes are the eyes, bacon is the ears and the lettuce is the nose and mouth. Pretty creative little guy!!


4 comments:
Cutest little Halloween Penguin, Monkey, and Zebra around! I believe there was a little shark out there, as well. My favorites!
the kids are adorable, kim! looks like shay and nicholas had fun carving a punkin. i can't believe it but we didn't carve on this year! scandalous! thanks for sharing. you're quite the pro at this blog thing now.
By the way, I'm tagging you! Check out my blog for more info.
love ya....Summer
Hi! I'm excited that you have a blog, too! How sad that Emilie was sick on Halloween..hopefully she's feeling better. I think that David watched the same show on food network that you did 'cuz that's how he carved his pumpkin and he told me the thing about reviving them, too. :) I hope all is well with you guys!
Hi Kim!
I finally had a moment to catch up on your blog. I love it! Cute kids!!! It looks like Halloween was a lot of fun this year for you guys. That little Emilie is growing fast - I need to come over and visit :)
Post a Comment