Our house is transforming for the season and there is excitement in the air. It is so much fun to watch Nicholas getting so excited about Christmas. The other night when we went to find our tree he asked us "Why is it taking so long for Christmas to get here?" We just chuckled and said to ourselves, that really it is coming to quickly. But we remember well how long it took when we were little. It's just so fun to see a little one's excitement. So here is how our home is transforming...
On Monday we went to pick out our Christmas tree. We decided to go small this year and that's what we did. It's perfect for Nicholas though and he loves that it's just his size. Shay lovingly calls it our Christmas bush. Nicholas was having fun going up and down every aisle at the tree lot looking at all the trees.
Here he is holding his tree proudly. It still looks a little smashed, but it has fluffed up nicely and is still drinking water. Yipee!! (Our tree last year stopped drinking water 2 days after we got it.)
We know some will just think we're crazy, but we didn't have a saw to cut the excess branches off the bottom of our tree so Shay used a steak knife. I think we need to get a saw.
Nicholas was so excited to decorate the tree. He could hardly wait for me to get the lights on. He kept just placing them on the tree and saying that was good.
Emilie was immediately attracted to tree and it's lights the next morning so I laid her under it to look at it and Nicholas thought he would like that too. You can see that Emilie has learned to grab onto things, even her brothers arm.
I love this picture because they're both smiling and just having a good time together. I love that they're already starting to have fun when they're by each other.
Maybe the reason that it is taking so long for Christmas to get here is because Nicholas is working on three different advent calenders. But he loves each on and get so excited to do them all.
Nicholas' favorite movie this year is Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. If we would let him watch it all day long he would. This morning he had just finished watching it while I was getting ready for the day and he came in while I was finishing up and asked if he could watch it again. I asked him if he wanted to watch Frosty the Snowman or Santa Claus is Coming to Town. To that he responded "Mom, those aren't EVEN exciting." Putting a lot of emphasis on the even. I laughed pretty hard for such attitude coming out of our cute little 3 year old. (Nicholas doesn't normally wear a name tag around the house. We got them at our ward party last night and he felt he needed to switch it to his jammies from his shirt when he got home, what a cute kid)
I had to put this in because it's my punch needle that I finished and actually got framed to hang in our home this holiday season. I am pretty
excited so I had to share.
And here are Nicholas and Emilie in their little Christmas outfits from Grandma and Grandpa Barker. Emilie wasn't really thrilled for this picture so she wasn't wanting to look at the camera, but Nicholas' smiles makes up for that. They are adorable.
So that ends the Christmas photos so far from the Bingham Home. We are enjoying the spirit of the season and hope you are too!!
Just some additional cute pictures I couldn't leave out....
First time in the highchair, she was pretty excited.
Running away from the camera.
My friend Julie said that she has a Nathan smile in this picture. And I agree and even looks a little like her cousin Mackay.
Nicholas made his own hammer out of his tinker toys today. I was so impressed that he came up with it all on his own.
How couldn't I end with this one? This is Emilie's beautiful smile. How can that not make you smile?
Friday, December 7, 2007
It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas
Posted by Kim at 9:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Love the festive pictures, Kim. How fun to have so much excitement around Christmas:).
When I saw the picture of Emilie in her high chair the first thing I thought was how she looked like Mackay. Looks like you are having lots of Christmas fun in your house.
Post a Comment