1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. It's so much more fun to tear into a gift. Especially to watch your three year old tear into a gift with excitement.
2. Real tree or artificial? Real. I love going to the tree lot and finding the tree with just the right amount of character and the wonderful smell that permeates your home with a real tree.
3. When do you put up the tree? Sometime after Thanksgiving, not before (although there was one year at college that my roommates and I set our tree up at the beginning of November). Soon enough that we can enjoy it for a few weeks. (But we have no set time)
4. When do you take the tree down? Before it becomes a fire hazard because it's so crispy (speaking of, I need to water my tree). Last year our tree became crispy a week after we bought it. We had a fire hazard for a couple of weeks before Christmas. That's the danger in buying a real tree.
5. Do you like eggnog? I LOVE eggnog. I love the store bought stuff (did you know you can get pumpkin spice eggnog around Thanksgiving, yummy), but I especially love homemade.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? The one thing that comes to mind is the spirograph toy I got. I loved having all the little gears to use and make fun designs.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? We have a couple, I actually want to collect them. One of our new additions this year, one we inherited from Grandma Bingham when she passed away. The special thing about it, she painted it herself. So every time we look at it, we're reminded of her love and legacy.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Parents because they can usually buy the things they want so we have to think even more out of the box.
9. Easiest person to buy for? This year, Emilie. All she needs are essentials and a few fun toys.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Same gift I let turn into a white elephant gift (see below), but I won't name what it was.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Both. I love reading them in either form.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? Elf
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I should start sooner. This year though we're pretty on the ball and have it almost completed. Just a few odds and ends to get still.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes. Gave something of mine to someone to use at a white elephant party. I hear it was the hot item.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas Cherry Bread, Homemade Eggnog, Gingerbread Cookies, and Christmas Bread (different than Christmas Cherry Bread). Oh and Chocolate Covered Cherries which I will miss this year.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Either, we have colored.
17. Favorite Christmas song? I can't pick just one: Silent Night, The Nativity Song (children's songbook), and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (sang by Nicholas).
18. Travel for Christmas or stay home? Being with family is the best. We'll probably see what it's like to stay home one of these years.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? I sure can, just listened to the song today: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and of course, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
20. Angel on the treetop or a star? We have an angel, but I grew up with a star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Jammies on Christmas Eve and the rest of the present Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? So many things to eat and not enough will power to resist.
23. What I love most about Christmas? Shannon put it well on her blog: The feeling in the air; the Spirit of Christmas.
Now I tag: Marci, Summer, Kalli and Cindy.
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
I've Been Tagged Again!!
Posted by Kim at 10:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment