I know we're a couple weeks past Christmas, but I still wanted to post some pictures of our fun Christmas in Colorado. So come with me on a photo tour of our Christmas memories.
On Christmas Eve we went to the VERY decorated house in Englewood, Colorado. We're talking crazy decorated. They have trains, dolls, elves, tributes to Elvis, lots of lights, pretty much anything you can think of. Here are three of the four of us. It's a little blurry, but it was better than the other picture that was clear and we got a bonus, half of Jason in the background.
We have carried on the tradition of jammies on Christmas Eve. So here is Nicholas opening his Christmas jammies. They have dinosaurs on them. One pair of them in camouflage, but we have named them dinoflage. It was his dinosaur Christmas. His ornament was a dinosaur, he got dino jammies, got plastic dinos to play with and got the classic "Danny and the dinosaur" book.
So I couldn't help it. I have some of our family pictures from a video we did for my parents 30th anniversary a couple years ago. I couldn't find a Christmas jammie one with everyone it, so this will do. And I apologize to anyone in my family that may not want their little kid picture on my blog, I think we're all cute.
And here we are to Christmas morning. And since we were at Grandpa and Grandma's, we had to do the stair picture. These stairs have been posed on every Christmas for many years. Do they look like siblings?
Not enjoying having a hat stuck on her head, but she looks so adorable in it and actually doesn't mind wearing it now. She loves to go outside and walk around and watch Nicholas run around in the snow.
I totally did not get a picture of Nicholas with his tool bench that he got for Christmas, I'm not sure why, but we missed getting a picture of that...we did get video though.So we got to Colorado on Sunday the 23rd. After being in the car for soooooo long we needed some comic relief and we got it. My dad pulled out this little laser light they have and was pointing at ornaments on the Christmas tree. Well, Nicholas, not knowing about laser lights, had no idea that Grandpa was controlling it. So it became a game. Grandpa would shine the light on the floor somewhere and Nicholas would go chasing after it trying to catch it. The light would move and the game continued. We were all laughing so hard. It took Nicco about ten minutes to figure out that Grandpa had the light source. So the game become more fun and Nicholas was the one shining the light on all of us and we would pretend to try and get it off of us. It was quite funny, you probably had to be there for the full effect though.

Emilie playing with Grandma, what a fun little smile.
Emilie playing with Grandpa. Uncle Matt in the background.
Emilie had to show off her Christmas dress in person to Grandpa and Grandma, she is already so prim and proper. She got her little shoes for Christmas from Grandpa and Grandma Barker.
Nicholas loved being able to sled in the backyard. This was Christmas Eve when there wasn't that much snow, but he went sledding again the day after Christmas when there was a lot more snow. And dad and Uncle Jason got smart and put a rope on the back of the sled so they could pull Nicholas back up the hill without him having to get off. How many times do you get your own personal sled lift when you go sledding.













4 comments:
How fun that you guys got to be here! I wish that we could have seen you. I loved looking at all of the Christmas pictures...Emilie and Nicholas already look so much alike! :)
Looking, watching, and listening for the umpteenth time and missing all of you AGAIN! And missing Mackay, and William, and their Moms, and their Dads, and their Aunts, and their Uncles, and . . .
What can I say? We live too far away!!!
It looks like you had a great Christmas! I wish we could have seen you guys. Your kids are so adorable!
I loved reading this blog, it sounds like we have some of the same traditions! I loved the pic of all you on the stairs. We still do that!I wish you had gotten here in time for the Barker party, it would have been good to see you all! Your kids are SO cute!
Post a Comment