Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Look Mom, I'm So Strong

Our days are filled with Nicholas stories and the cute things he says and does. So here is one from today, that will make you laugh. This morning, Nicholas wanted to play in his room. So we went in there and were playing and Emilie was laying on the floor playing. After playing for a few minutes, I needed to feed Emilie and told Nicholas that I would just feed her in his room and would watch him playing his "games" (a story for another day). So I left the room for a minute to get a burp cloth and to quickly check on something I had running on the computer and Nicholas had gone back in his room. I thought he was just playing with his toys, but then I hear: "Look mom, I'm so strong I can carry her." I look over to see Nicholas carrying Emilie across the hall to her room. All I see of Emilie are her little legs. I ran as fast as I could and luckily Nicholas set her down on the ground before letting go. We then had a conversation about the fact that, yes he is strong, but he needs mom or dad to help him carry his sister. Funny, but scary at the same time.

1 comments:

Shannon & Ryan said...

Yikes...I bet that was a nice adrenaline rush for the day. I'm glad that it ended up as a cute story to tell on your blog, though :). LOVE the video of Nicholas and Emilie laughing; you are right, children's laughter is the best. How did your Humanitarian night go? You'll have to tell me all about it. Love ya,
Shan