Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Sunday, February 24, 2008

About My Recommendation

Yeah, so those of you who saw my post a couple days ago about the CD I recommended...here's a funny story to go with it. So yesterday morning I turned on our "Stories of Jesus" CD while Nicholas was in the tub. He of course could hear it and didn't want certain songs to play because he wanted to be able to dance to them and that's not something you can do in the tub. So I told him that we would turn them on again after he got out of the tub and got dressed. So, he got out and got dressed, we did a few other things and then he wanted to dance. So naturally I thought that he wanted to dance to that CD, I think I even asked him if that's what he wanted and he said yes. I put the CD in and it starts and Nicholas stands there for a second and then says to me, "Mom, I hate this CD." I'm in complete awe for two reasons, I'm not sure where my 3 year old picked that word up and just moments before he couldn't wait to get out of the tub so he could dance to the CD. So after I explained to him that we don't say such things, I find out that he just wants to dance to another CD. I had put the wrong one in. So we quickly changed CD's and went on our dancing way.

I still highly recommend the CD...I just thought it was funny that such an adamant statement came just days after I had recommended the CD.

2 comments:

Megan B said...

I'm happy for the recommendation, his fickleness notwithstanding! I stumbled recently on to "I, Nephi", a CD by Janeen Brady, which Nicholas would love! It's the first book of Nephi, told in Dr. Seuss-type rhymes and very catchy songs. It's a car favorite!

Marci Ward said...

My three year old has just learned that phrase as well...still not sure where he heard it. But I am excited to about getting those CD's thanks for the recommendation