Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Just Some Cute Pictures

In no particular order, just a lot of cute pictures of the kiddos to share. So here we go....

I went in to get Emilie the other day and this is what she was doing. She thought it was so much fun. You can't really tell in these pictures, but her arm is hanging out the side of the crib.

What a beautiful smile. Just makes me smile.
These two tinkertoy sticks Nicholas is holding are his horse and his sword. How he figures out which is which, I don't know. He just tells me that one is the horse and one is his sword. I think this particular day the sword was in his right and and the horse was in his left (it was laying down on the chair, but I made him hold it for a picture).
Emilie discovering the laundry basket. She woke up before I got done folding laundry one morning so she got to join in on the fun.
This picture just makes me smile. It looks like she has kind of a scowl on her face. Really she was just trying to turn and look at the t.v. I was watching the Today show while I folded laundry.
Emilie's second time drinking out of a cup. Whenever I take a drink she always looks interested so we gave her a try.
Nicholas' new favorite thing is to call people on the phone. He has figured out which key is dad's speed dial and he is starting to figure out all the others. In these pictures he is talking to Kerstin. I believe he said he had something important to tell her. Right now I can't remember what that was. Notice the blue fuzzy sock...that's mine. He loves to wear them. To the point that I was wearing them one day and he tried to take them off my feet. He was pretty upset when I told him that I was wearing them and that he'd have to go get his own socks.

Emilie and her cousin Mackay playing together. As you can see, Emilie is now sitting up on her own. She loves it. She still tips over, but she is doing really well. More pictures to follow of this new talent.
Sitting up pictures...but check out that hair. It sticks straight up...she and her cousin Dawson have the same hair. We love it though. It's so cute on her and on Dawson too.

Came out from getting ready one morning and found this. Nicholas and all of his library books in the box with him, reading and watching cartoons at the same time.

Nicholas and William playing Hungry Hippos together. Couldn't get them both to smile at the camera at the same time, but couldn't resist putting William's cute smile up.
Ahhhh, the coveted Buzz toy. Nicholas got this toy at Disneyland last year. William discovered it when he was at our house one time and so we let him borrow it. Buzz makes visits to our house, but doesn't stay right now. William is a little attached, even to the point that when he knows Nicholas is coming he searches for Buzz and makes sure he has a firm grip on him. The last time we were there Nicholas says, "I really want my Buzz back." I keep telling him we're letting William borrow it until he gets his own. (Nicholas really hasn't played with him in the last few months, it's just when it becomes a novelty item)
Waiting to go outside to enjoy some fresh air.
Nicholas felt he needed to pull out all the drawers and open all the cupboards within reach.
Green beans for the first time. Dad must have talked to her before this, but now she loves them.

2 comments:

Megan B said...

Those were great! My two favorites were Emilie licking her crib slats and Nicholas talking on the phone. I absolutely loved the way he crossed his leg and put his sock (! mean YOUR sock) up on his other knee while he was chatting. What a funny boy!

Kristalyn said...

Your children are both so cute! I remember walking in and finding Mason doing the same thing, hanging his arm outside the crib-it really is so funny! Keep the cute pictures and stories coming!