Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Thursday, February 28, 2008

February Humanitarian Night

Kathy handing Emilie scissors. Emilie was a little bit tired and not very happy.

Humanitarian night in February was a success. We continued to sew the school kit bags and got a little further (we had a lot of fun talking too, so we haven't quite finished). Thank you to Ann (and her boys), Kathy, and Kerstin (and William) for coming and helping to sew a little more. Next month I will probably have th bags all ready to just do the final touches and then we'll start a new project, possibly baby quilts...but I need to check into some other options as well.

6 comments:

Megan B said...

Looks like Emilie is going to need some time to build that love for humanitarian service :)

Megan B said...

Thanks for the list! I have tried sending an email to you 4 times but it keeps bouncing back. Anything I have sent to a hotmail account in the last few days hasn't gone through. Anyway, Thanks for the list! And do you do the shaving cream outside?

kenna said...

So this comment has nothing to do with the actual post topic, but that Racketty Scrappety website is AMAZING! I'm glad you have it linked up! I am now officially obsessed with this digital scrapbooking craze. I swore off all 'scrapbooking' long ago, but I can't stay away. Plus your pages are just so freakin' cute that I had to give it a try...good 'couch activities.'

kenna said...

I started up this past fall. I love photoshop and this is something I can do with photoshop. A gal in my ward pointed me to all the freebees. (gotta love shabby princess) but if you have more let me know! You have introduced me to the wonders of pre made layouts. (I'm not all that creative) I need anything to stay entertained these days.

Megan B said...

I still can't get an email to go through to you :(

This list is AMAZING. EXTRAORDINARY!!! Please thank your sister for me! And may I PLEASE post it on my blog for downloading?

Shannon & Ryan said...

Kim,
I promise one of these days I'm going to make it to Humanitarian night...sad I missed it. It looks like Em had fun :)
You rock, please remember that.
Love,
me