Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Memories

We've been thinking a lot lately about our trip that we took to California and Disneyland last March. We were there this exact week last year. Shay had a wedding that he was filming down there and so we decided to make a family vacation out of the trip. We have such wonderful memories of our time there and would love to go back. Maybe sometime within the next couple of years. So I thought I would post some of our pictures of our fun trip as a memory. So walk with me down memory lane.


"That's the way to the beach."
Nicholas' first time playing in the sand on the beach. He LOVED it!!
Sand Legs
We called these the Dr. Seuss trees.
Look at the beautiful ocean. I can remember as we came around the corner on the freeway we got to look out over the beautiful ocean. It was truly breathtaking.
Self-portrait on the beach. Always the best of pictures.
I could sit and see that every night.

Our first night in Disneyland. It was late, but we went to Disneyland after Shay got done filming the reception for the night. I think we got there at like 10:30, but it was open until midnight. Had to get the most out of the day.
Here we are on Dumbo. One of Nicholas' favorite rides.
Since I was pregnant with Emilie and couldn't go on all the 'cool' rides, this was one of my favorite. It was the ferris wheel in California Adventure. The actual cars that you were in swung back and forth when you went up and around.
Nicholas and Dad waiting for the parade.
Nicholas climbing the walls at one of the restaurants we tried while we were there.
Nicholas in Mickey's Car(I think that's whose car it was).
Ted, Ann and their boys met us down there and we enjoyed being able to vacation with them. Here are Marc, Nicholas, and Ryan waiting for one of the rides together.
This was our favorite. Nicholas on the teacups. They were also his favorite even though it really doesn't look like it. There is a little video next to show him on the teacups. I couldn't help but laugh the whole time. There's one point that he looks like he's going to throw up, but it was hilarious!!


The boys had a great time running through this water part of California Adventure. A great way to cool off.
Here are Ted and Ann and two of their boys. We couldn't get all three of the boys for some reason.
I just think this picture is so funny. Ryan was wanting to play with his sandwich more than eat it. I caught it in midair.
And last but not least...the hotel we were supposed to stay in. When we were planning this trip we were trying to plan it on the cheap so we went with a cheap hotel. However, because Shay and I had gone down earlier then Ted and Ann and I thought I would be staying all day in a hotel with Nicholas (which didn't end up being the case, we just hung out on the beach and at the reception with Shay) I told Shay I would not be staying in some kind of shady hotel. So we picked a hotel that was a little more expensive for the first few nights. Then when Ted and Ann came we switched over to the hotel to be with them. When we walked in, this is what we were confronted with. After being in total shock and disgust, we decided to change back to our other hotel. I will never forget Shay jumping up and down on the bed because he was excited to be back where it felt clean and we could relax a little.

Yes, this is the bathroom and yes, that is mold you see on the ceiling. And yes the window is painted so that you can not see out or in. It also was not secured in anyway so someone could have freely come into our room if they tried.
If you look closely you can see masking tape around the door. We're guessing it is insulation to keep air out. Not sure though.
Check out the tv in the room. Can any one guess what year that is from? And the desk that the tv is on was our 'dresser.'
These last two are our personal favorites. I couldn't decide which was better so I just put them on in no particular order....

Yes folks that is an electrical outlet without a plate over it. I know it's a little fuzzy, but I couldn't get a better photo. We didn't really like the fact that we saw this especially since we had a very curious little two year old.
We're not exactly sure what that is on the mattress, but you can only imagine. Who would want to sleep on that?
I do have to say that Ted and Ann's room was a lot better than this and didn't have as many fun things to look at and get sick from. In fact, Ann told us that Marc said to them, "Mom and Dad, this is the best hotel we've ever stayed in."

So there it is, our memories of our trip to Disneyland. We hope we can go back soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures of the ocean are beautiful. My soul lives on the beach. Sigh, there is nothing I love more...maybe Josh, but it's a close race.

Mardie said...

I absolutely love the video of Nicholas on the teacups. That is hilarious!

Megan B ♥ said...

Justin and I took our first trip to Disneyland all by ourselves (we are so mean) in October 2006. Neither of us had ever been before. I couldn't BELIEVE how fun it was and we can't wait to take our kids there with us next time! But honestly, we both almost wet our pants in that ferris wheel ride. I can't believe how happy and calm you are. We went on hte Tower of Terror... the Boomerang.... every rollercoaster, everything, many MANY times, but you could not PAY me to go on that ferris wheel again! That was TERRIFYING!!

Those motel pictures are frightening.... oh, but what great stories :)

Marci Ward said...

That is awesome! We had a hotel like that the night before we left on our cruise...scary! But it sure does make memories. We stayed at ours....it was right on the beach!
Thanks for the stroll down memory lane.