Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Pirate for a Day

Occasionally we watch a little show on PBS called Word World (I highly recommend it, it is very cute). This particular morning it was a pirate themed one...so Nicholas became a pirate for the day. Complete with a costume (put together quickly by mom), maps, a pirate ship (also made by mom), and food for on the ship (made by Nicholas). Emilie even got to participate after her nap.

Looking at a map.
Coming up with the plan for food. He had gotten a bunch of pans out of the cupboards and felt that he was going to need to put something in each and every one of them. My favorite was that he found the cheese grater and wanted to grate cheese. When I told him that we buy already grated cheese (thank you Costco) he started looking in the fridge for something else to grate. He came up with grating a hot dog. After I got over the mental image of that one, I let him grate a carrot.
Every pirate needs a ship.
And every ship needs a pirate.
Pondering his next move as a pirate.
This makes me chuckle. It's Emilie's "what kind of crazy idea is it this time?" face (see post below about all the paper in the laundry basket). She always seems to wake up from her nap while we're in the middle of doing something crazy.
Help!!
Just a cute picture.

2 comments:

Katy said...

You do so many cute things with your kids. I need to take lessons!

Megan B ♥ said...

Emilie faces are always so cute, but freshly napped Emilie faces are particularly endearing.