Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Monday, April 28, 2008

A Splash of Color

This past Friday night we painted our front hallway. I was so excited. My excitement is shown through Nicholas in the picture below. He was also very excited that he was getting to stay up to help mom and dad. He kept telling us, "mom and dad you're doing great at painting." It was so very cute.
Shay prepping.
Can you imagine the excitement when I told Nicholas he could help me with the first few rolls of paint? Oh boy was he excited!!
Before
After
We are really excited by how it turned out. Now we just need to get a few things up and get it completed. It has given me the bug and I've already picked a color for the family room. That won't happen for at least a few more weeks, maybe a couple of months. We'll see.

11 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

Looks great! It's getting ME excited for possibilities over here too!!

Katy said...

Pretty. The color is very soothing. I also noticed the wood floor in the picture...very pretty. I need to visit sometime when I am down in Utah. I would love to see the rest of your place.

Shannon & Ryan said...

I LOVE it. Your black frames will go perfectly with it. Nicely done, you three!

eMiLy said...

I'm a huge fan....it turned out fabulous!

Steve.Jeana.Preston said...

Yeah for painting!!! I'm telling ya..it's addicting!

It turned out beautiful!

Mindy said...

I love doing new things around the house. It just makes things feel refreshing. You are such a fun mom too by the way.

m@R(! said...

i love the color..it makes a huge difference in a room. excited to see what the family room looks like and the color you picked.

sheena said...

I really like the color. I will have to come see it someday!

Marci Ward said...

Looks great...I need to get that bug...I hate painting....is that wrong? You are awesome. Andrew loves to help paint too. Everytime we go into the office he remembers that he helped paint it. What fun!

Megan B ♥ said...

The blog looks great! VERY retro!!! And that word art is darling. I have my eye on the even NEWER Weeds kit that came out over the weekend. :)

kenna said...

I really like it Kim! Want to come help me pain my apt?

PS, the new blog style is adorable. Seriously!

So, Josh and I got a wii. You and Shay will have to come play with Ryan and Shan sometime!