Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Two Conversations

Two conversations that I had with Nicholas today:

Nicholas (looking out the window at the dark looming storm clouds): "Dad is going to be all alone out in the lightning, Mom."
Mom: "It's okay, he's inside."
Nicholas: "But later when he comes home, he's going to be all alone."

He seemed very concerned that daddy would be all alone. It was so cute.

Next one (while he is sitting on the toilet, I know, not what you want to know, but it makes it a little funnier, at least to me. Also, Emilie was crawling towards the bathroom, she normally does when Nicholas is in there.):

Nicholas: "Mom, are you and dad hoping for another baby?"
Mom: (laughing) "No, why?"
Nicholas: "Because I don't want anymore, I don't like how they crawl all over the place."
Mom: "Well, that's how they learn to move and use their bodies."
Nicholas: "Maybe we can get a net. Yeah, a net. Then we can catch them all."
Mom: Laughing

This is in no way an announcement. We are VERY happy with just two for now.

Pictures to come soon!!


3 comments:

Diane said...

Makes me laugh every time I read this Nicholas story. I can just see the wheels turning in Nicholas' mind and hear him matter-of-factly saying the words.

Shannon & Ryan said...

He is seriously so smart. I love how he is always coming up with solutions to his every day dilemnas!

Megan B ♥ said...

I can't get enough Nicholas quotes. That kid cracks me up! Maybe we'll get him a net for his next birthday :)