Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Ode to the Xbox

Tonight was a sad night in the Bingham household. Shay's Xbox literally burned up in front of us and will no longer grace our household with its presence. We were having a nice evening as a family watching Herbie: Fully Loaded (brought back a slew of childhood memories) and I started to hear a funny noise up in the direction of the TV. I asked Shay what that noise was and he just shrugged his shoulders. I sat there and wondered if our tv was having issues and then I thought it could be the xbox (which has doubled as a DVD player and we've known it was having a few problems). Then it happened. It started to make a funny noise and the green glowing light on the front turned to red, then orange and flickered out all together. Luckily Shay ran over to it (tearing at whatever he could to get there sooner to his dying Xbox) and after giving it mouth to mouth, beating on its chest, yelling "Don't die on me!" he unplugged it quickly since it was smoking. The aftermath: our house smelling like nasty electronics burning (it's been about 1 and a half and it still smells in here...and yes we have opened windows, doors, etc.) and Nicholas crying because his beloved Cinderella disk was inside.

Not to worry...there has been a fund set up at Zion's Bank for the purchase of Shay's new xbox 360.

2 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

Oh, MAN!! Ok, I promised I didn't laugh at that post.... very loudly... and only because the kids are still sleeping. :) Ok, fine, it was very sad, but still quite comical to picture in my head. Who knew they could just do that?? Will you have a funeral for it? It HAS been kind to you, endless games, going the extra mile to double as a DVD player...

Katy said...

Sad, but funny!!!