Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Park City Half Marathon

It's official, I paid my entry fee and I am going to run the Park City Half Marathon!!! A few posts ago I posted about the fun run that I had done in Orem with Carrie. Well, Shay's cousin, Kayla commented on that post and suggested that I should run the Park City Half Marathon which she would also be running. At first I kind of laughed at the idea and thought there was no way I would do that. Then I started thinking about it and I decided it was something I wanted to do. I called my sister Kerstin that day and told her I was having a crazy idea and told her what it was and then asked if she wanted to run with me. After a few days we both decided that we wanted to do it for sure. Training started on Monday. It has gone well so far. Tomorrow will be our first day off the treadmill and out on the open road. I'm excited, but scared at the same time. 13.1 miles is a long way. But I have found that since I have that goal in mind, getting out of bed in the morning to run (I hit the treadmill at 5:50 this morning), and running the distance is a lot easier to do. I was just reading over Kayla's post that she made when she started her training...now all I need is a mantra to repeat in my head to keep myself going. I will be working on that in the next few days. Thanks Kayla for putting the bug in my ear and we'll see you in Park City.

8 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

Wahoooooooo!! I'll be with you both in spirit :)

Katie B. said...

Cool! Good luck!

Marci Ward said...

YEAHHHHH!! I want to do it too! That sounds amazing. I am so glad that you ahve Kerstin to do things with. Sisters are great! Good Luck!

CL said...

Good luck with that! You'll have to let me know how it goes.

Katy said...

Good luck! You are amazing.

Alaina said...

Wow you are BRAVE! And like I said - I am jealous! I'm brand-new starting at the running thing and can't go more than 1/4 mile without wanting to slow to a walk...

Kayla said...

I'm really happy that you decided to do it! It's hard to train for races, but such an awesome feeling of accomplishment after you finish it. I'll definitely be looking for you in Park City!!!! And way to go getting in before the registration closed - it must be a sign. :)

Julie said...

That's so great, Kim! Very cool! You'll do great!