Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Monday, July 28, 2008

Candy Land

We decided to go and buy Candy Land tonight and play it for FHE. It brought back so many memories from when I was little. It was so much fun. And to top it off, Nicholas LOVED it!! He was having the greatest time. Mostly laughing at all the corny jokes that mom and dad were cracking and trying to come up with his own. Jokes like: "Eat my crumbs!" "Suckers!!!" Nicholas won both times with mom coming in second both times and dad trailing in last both times. Needless to say we will have many fun filled days with this game. Nicholas already has plans.

Shay was joking that his guy was sleeping (because he was so far behind) and he woke up and we were both gone. So here is guy is sleeping.
Shay told me to kiss my guy because he couldn't get me and the board in. Corny picture, but had to document that I was actually playing, not just taking pictures.
Nicholas laughing hysterically while trying to think of a joke as he moves to the peanut square. Luckily for him it was a jump forward and not backward.
Next game on the list to purchase...Chutes and Ladders.

5 comments:

Justin and Lindsay said...

It was so fun to hear from you! We can't wait to come back. I can't believe Emilie is 1! Well I finally got photoshop about a month ago and I've been downloading templates and paper and attempting to enter the digital scrapbooking world THANKS TO YOU! Seriously your websites are the GREATEST!

CL said...

We got Luke Hi Ho Cheerio for his birthday which he loves. It came with travel Candy Land- not as much fun as the original but still okay. He also got this random dog collecting toys one (a Saver's find) and that is the one we play the most. I really enjoy playing games with him- can't wait until our boys can play together!!

Megan B ♥ said...

Oh, Baby, Candyland brings back memories for me too, but not good ones, LOL! Wear eye protection :)

Natalie said...

Hey guys, I just wanted to say Hi and to tell you that you have the cutest little family. I can't believe that Emilie is already one years old. I know that time is just flying by and that our little Kinley will be one soon as well. I love your candyland pictures.

Anonymous said...

Hello! You don't know me but I've met your hubby a couple times. He is my hubby's teacher at AI!
I've checked out your blog so many times but have yet to be willing to say anything! I have to end that with this post! My 5 year old daughter loves Candy Land, and I love to play with her because she understands how to play and actually plays nicely (without whining). I have Chutes and Ladders as well and we have "played" that game too, but I found it to be more difficult for her to understand. She just wants to go up the ladders and down the chutes thinking that's all there is to that game! I just wanted to give you a heads up on the two games. You might be better off with Candy Land for now and leave Cutes and Ladders for a later date! Just a thought.