Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Vail Vacation 2008-Part One

I am finally getting around to posting some pictures from our vacation to Vail in the middle of October. This is our highly anticipated vacation every year. We look forward to it all year and it always passes by too quickly, but we make lots of memories in the time that we are there. Enjoy the pictures of our fun time in Vail. We can't wait until next year!

The first day we were there, we walked to the park up the street and along the way we collected leaves to make a leaf book (Nicholas treasures his leaf book. I wish I had a picture of it...he told me that it is very special to him and when he looks at it he'll think of Grandma and Aunt Jenn because they helped him put it together).Emilie got to experience swinging between Dad and Grandpa.
A father and son moment walking together.
Couldn't leave this one out...I love the funny face she's making. She really wanted to see what the camera was all about rather than having her picture taken.
The uphill walk proved to be a little bit much for Emilie, especially since she kept wanting to run down the hill and had a little bit of a spill. Up on Dad's shoulders is a much better view anyway.
Grandma collection leaves.
Playing at the park.
Jenn and Chad playing hacky(sp?) sack.
Nicholas practicing his balancing skills.
Emilie loving the swing, she kept wanting to go back for more.
Vail Olympics, balance beam.
Not sure what part of the Olympics this is.
Or this.
Bar routines.
Peek-a-boo.
Nicholas decided to start a leaf throwing fight with Grandma and others.
Emilie just being cute on the stairs.
We had a lot of fun at the park. It also included rolling down the hills and cartwheels in the field. Part 2 to come soon. Hopefully tomorrow, but for now I must go to bed.

Here is a video of Emilie walking back home after the park. She insisted that she walk by herself and it was freaking everyone out. I was more calm than anyone else, Grandma was a bit jumpy which made me more jumpy. It was quite funny. Eventually I just picked her up and let her writhe in my arms until we got home.

0 comments: