Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Vail Vacation 2008, Part Two

Every year in Vail we go to Vail Village and walk around to all the stores, go in our usual stores and just enjoy the beautiful buildings that are there. In recent years, they have added these bronze statues/benches. Here Nicholas, Emilie, and Mackay are chillin' with Mr. William Shakespeare. Nicholas has never been quite sure about these statues, they kind of creep him out.
Admiring the little cherubim (I think that's what they are).
The most important part of Vail Village is stopping by the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. This is a part of the trip that cannot be missed.
Looking over the edge of the bridge.
While we were in Vail we had my brother's wife, Kalli, take our family photos. She is a budding photographer and so we let her practice on us. She does a wonderful job. To see more of her work you can go here.
Emilie was a bit tired by this point, you can just see it in her eyes. What a wonderful smile, I love this one of Nicholas.
Our annual picture on the see saw. We have one for every year since we were married I believe.
We had to take intervals of playing admist the pictures too. The playground was calling their names.
Emilie and Mackay crossing the bouncy bridge (see below). Being so small they were a little unsure because of what happened when they walked on the bridge.
Here is the bridge they were crossing. Grandma and Emilie enjoying the slide.
There is a big field to run and play in. The guys were all playing frisbee. I believe Nicholas was running after to at this point.
We tried to get a picture of the girl grandbaby's and grandma and grandpa.
Little friends.
Can you tell the kids are done with taking pictures?
Another attempt with Grandma and Grandpa and all the grandkids. They were not wanting to cooperate, the grandkids that is.
This is our favorite family picture.
Part Three to come soon!!

9 comments:

Henderson Family said...

Can I just say, Emily is so beautiful.

The Picketts said...

We stayed in Vail on our Honeymoon! It's such a beautiful place! Your family is just SOOO cute!

Kayla said...

I just love all the pictures you take! I love looking at them. I think you're quite the photographer yourself! Oh and I love the one with Emilie standing (about half way down). She's just so darn cute!

sheena said...

Such cute pictures!

CL said...

Cute pics Kim! How close (in age) are Emilie and Mackay?

Diane said...

Let's do it again!

Kalli said...

And you can hardly tell that I had to replace your head in that last picture!

Megan B ♥ said...

What awesome pictures, Kim (and Kalli!) NICE!

Katy said...

What great pictures! I love the last one, but the ones on the seesaw are really cute too!