I know that most you will probably just think I am so silly, but I am super excited about this. I found this website a while ago when I was getting in to digital scrapbooking. It is a lady who takes handwritings and makes them into fonts (she also has a bunch of other fun, free fonts). The best part is, it's FREE. I have been wanting to get mine done every since. So last week I finally read through her directions, followed them carefully and now I have my handwriting as a font. You can go here to see them all. Mine is called Pea Ladybug (it is a little ways down on the ones added on February 3). She names them all with pea in front of whatever you pick for the name. I picked ladybug because that is something my mom has called me for a few years.
The main reason I wanted this done is because I want to write in my children's journals, but find that I keep putting it off because writing takes a long time. So I have started typing them on the computer and now I can still "write" in them even though it is on the computer.
Anyway, I was just super excited, so I just had to share. Plus now all of you know, so you can have it done too (and if you do, you have to let me know about it).
The main reason I wanted this done is because I want to write in my children's journals, but find that I keep putting it off because writing takes a long time. So I have started typing them on the computer and now I can still "write" in them even though it is on the computer.
Anyway, I was just super excited, so I just had to share. Plus now all of you know, so you can have it done too (and if you do, you have to let me know about it).

11 comments:
Really?! This is a GREAT idea! I have kept a monthly journal for Gracie and want to put it on the computer and have it published. What a wonderful way to do this and keep the handwriting! Thanks so much for sharing!
That is cool. Thanks for the tip.
That is so cool! I've been typing the kid's journal just so I do it, and then I was planning on handwriting it all one day. But now I don't have to. Thanks for sharing that great idea!
fun stories....the font idea is cool! thanks
fun stories....the font idea is cool! thanks
What is the site that it is at? I would love to see. It sounds so neat.
ha this is sooo cool. i love it. i saw yours...very fun to know what your handwriting looks like! i'm totally going to do this and i will let you know when i do!
Did I miss the link? I want to see too. Sounds like a great idea.
Okay, So I am slow. I know see that you click on the 'here' but it wasn't a different color..sorry it took me a minute to figure it out. I saw the font and I am totally doing it. Yours is really good!
How cool! I have never heard of anything like this before. I am totally doing it. Thanks for sharing! =)
that's so cool! i will definitely be checking that out.
Post a Comment