Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Monday, February 2, 2009

A Sun with Eyes

Today the kids and I were on our way to Costco and Nicholas discovered that he could look out the back window and see things outside of the car that way, until we turned a corner and the sun was in his eyes and he could no longer do this. He was not happy with this and was crying in the backseat. I was trying to console him and help him realize that that is just what happens in the car and that he could look out another window until the sun moved. He was not happy with this answer so I then explained to him that sometimes mommy and daddy have to do the same thing too, we have to look out a different window when the sun gets in our eyes. I told him that we can't move the sun, that Heavenly Father made it so it would follow the same path everyday. He then says to me (still upset), "Why doesn't the sun have eyes, it needs to see where it is going too!"

What a funny kid. This picture above is of him trying to avoid the camera. He came in carrying Fenton one morning and I thought it was so cute the way he had him tucked under his arm, so I wanted a picture. But he would not have it, he thought it was funny to hide from me. I did get this picture and thought it was pretty cute too.

2 comments:

Henderson Family said...

Kids say the cutest things!!!

Marci Ward said...

If this is him NOT wanting a picture you are one lucky mom! My kids run away or pull a nasty face! He is a cutie.