There was a good deal on cereal at Macey's this past week so we went and stocked up. We have enough cereal to last us a few months. I love having food storage. So today I picked up 4 extra boxes and they wouldn't fit on the shelf where I normally put our cereal so I stuck them on the floor in the corner of our pantry. I had the door to the pantry open and Emilie had been playing with the cereal and I knew this because I had to pick up a box from where she left it. When I went to put it back there was only 1 other box sitting there, there should have been 3.
So I searched the house high and low, looked under beds, looked in the bathrooms (I was relieved not to find the missing 2 boxes in there), looked everywhere. Nicholas had no idea where they were, Emilie wasn't talking, and Shay had just gotten home from work. I had to call Kerstin, who I got the cereal's with, to make sure I indeed had gotten 4 and that I wasn't going crazy. She confirmed that I wasn't going crazy. I gave up for the time being because I needed to figure something out for dinner. So where is the first place we go to get things for dinner...the refrigerator. I open the door and there are the cereals on the bottom shelf. Emilie comes running over and excitedly shrills like she found the treasure. I didn't realize that when I had the pantry door open I also had the fridge open and someone (who cannot speak) had stuck them in the bottom shelf on the door. I must not have been paying attention when I closed the fridge.
She was pretty excited to see those cereals again.
She was pretty excited to see those cereals again.

6 comments:
Cute, cute!!! Cereal is great!!!
Funny kiddos. I also wanted to comment on your last post, but there wasn't the option. So I'll do it here. I am a little sad that you made it all the way to St. Louis without coming to see me! I know, I know , it is still far, but I felt like I was close to seeing you and then nothin'! I'm glad the wedding went well!
Wow...Missouri! we had no idea, that must have been so fun! what a drive though...my goodness! can't wait to hear more about it! and way cute pix
Yeah, but it our house I'm so scatterbrained that it might have been ME who put it in there! I've found the milk in the pantry before!
Kim! Glad you found my blog. Your kids are so cute. That Nicholas sounds like a riot. I love his quotes. Looks like you guys are doing great! Say hi to Jenn for me!
This is a cute post! Gracie LOVES the fridge too - but hasn't hidden anything in there yet. Emilie sure looks like she's having fun!
Post a Comment