At the beginning of January we traveled to St. Louis, Missouri (and surrounding areas) for my brother Matt's wedding. He married Rebecca and we are so excited to have her as part of the family. There are a lot of pictures below to document our trip.
Here are Emilie and Mackay waiting outside the temple for Matt and Rebecca. They had fun walking along (or trying to) the curbing around the gardens.
Thought this was too cute not to include. Mackay standing up on the gate. Looking at this you could almost mistake this for Emilie. Rebecca's parents are first thought there was only one litlte girl grandbaby, but then they saw them at the same time and realized there were two.
Here are Emilie and Mackay waiting outside the temple for Matt and Rebecca. They had fun walking along (or trying to) the curbing around the gardens.
Thought this was too cute not to include. Mackay standing up on the gate. Looking at this you could almost mistake this for Emilie. Rebecca's parents are first thought there was only one litlte girl grandbaby, but then they saw them at the same time and realized there were two.
I wish I had more pictures of just the two of them, but we were trying to keep track of kids and it was a bit cold so we were trying to stay warm too. Here is the beautiful bride.
Here is the whole family. Look at all of us. It was wonderful to be out there all together. I love my family. We have so much fun together. The night we arrived (New Year's Eve), my mom had gone to the store and gotten snacks, including Mint Milano's, a tradition for our family on New Year's Eve. There were many fun times at the hotel laughing and having a good time.
Nicholas' picture of Angel Moroni. He was very adament about taking a picture of Angel Moroni...it was cute.
Here are the kids in the waiting room, waiting for all of us adults to get changed. We took pictures of what we came to the temple in and then we took pictures of us in our wedding attire. So here the kids are, we're trying to get them to all look at the camera, I don't believe we were successful.
Don't mind Emilie's piggy tail sticking straight out to the side, she fell asleep in the car and I didn't fix it.
They're all trying to figure out what to do with their hands. 
I wanted to get a picture of my handsome boys, but Nicholas was too focused on eating the crackers he had in his hand. We could not get him to let go of them for even a second, so this is what I got.
These pictures below are from the day before. We went to the Gateway Arch. We got a minivan for the car that we drove so here is Shay driving the minivan. He looks like a pro.
And the arch. It was beautiful. There are a lot of pictures, but I was having fun taking different views of it. Here is everyone walking up to the arch. Don't be deceived by what a beautiful day it looks like, it was freezing and a bit windy too.





Our family at the Arch. The kids didn't want to be taking a picture. Nicholas had fallen and scrapped his knee and Emilie just wanted to be running around.
Twins at the arch. Jenn and I both worked for American Family Insurance several years ago and got the same coat. We also have the same purse (I copied her, but she has good taste) and we have similar haircuts. So we looked a bit a like that day.












5 comments:
Holy Cow!! You and Jenn really do look like twins and Emilie and Mackay look exactly alike also. How funny!!!
I saw little Mackay in Littleton (I think) while I was visiting (at church) and when she walked in, I got excited because I thought she was Emilie and that I was going to get to see you! I can't believe how much they look alike (of course, I've only seem Emilie in pictures - but they seriously could double for twins!) Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
I have never realized how similar you and Jen look, you seriously could almost pass as twins in that picture. I love the pictures, they do look like they make a very cute couple!
Okay, my FAVORITE picture is of all the grandkids trying to figure out how to pose with their hands! I laughed out loud. Am loving the bow ties...where was Joel's??? I love your short haircut, and wow that arch is enormous. The pictures you took of it are really cool. What a fun vacation; I'm so glad that your whole family was able to attend. What a special time and great memories! You look beautiful as usual; so happy and bright. Oh, and...tell Shay he looks pretty stellar driving that mini van. I am sure he is hooked now!
Isn't St. Louis fun? That is where Matt's parents live, so we have visited all of those places. It was fun to see them again. How did you like the ride up to the top of the arch? I felt like I was in a pop can. A little tight. It looks like you had a great time.
Post a Comment