Tonight for FHE, Shay introduced us to an activity that they would do on his mission with families for FHE. You take and pack a cup full of flour. Then turn it upside down on a plate. On top of it you place some sort of hard candy. Then you take turns shaving away at the flour until it falls. The person that the flour falls on has to dig out the candy with their teeth.
Nicholas shaving away.
Shay taking his turn.
Nicholas shaving away.
Shay taking his turn.
And I was the loser (winner in Nicholas' eyes, until he was the "winner"). Shay so lovingly buried that piece of candy all the way down at the bottom and made sure there was a nice pile of flour on top. Here I am blowing away at the flour to try to uncover it a little.
Finally got it. I will tell you all right now that it is not fun to eat flour just plain. It got stuck in my teeth and I have been sneezing and itchy nosed ever since (makes you want to try it I am sure).
We were nice to him and just let it be on top. But he soon learned that this was not the kind of winning he likes to do.
This was in between for a second while he got a drink. Isn't that pool of spit just appetizing? Don't worry, we used the flour right after to make some cookies we will be delivering to all of our neighbors tomorrow. Kidding.







7 comments:
Hey I remember this game. This used to be one of my families favorite FHE activities. We'd beg my parents to play it every week. The only difference is that we'd be digging for a penny instead of candy. I think I like the candy idea better. Cute pictures.
I used to play that game when I was little and it was fun. But you are right, flour takes awful plain.
Somehow I just knew you were going to be the "winner." What a good sport. I don't know if I will be trying that game anytime soon! :)
That looks like a fun idea. I think I am gonig to try it and make matt the winner! Cute pics.
I discovered this game a few weeks ago and played it with the YW. They loved it and ended up putting their whole face in the flour just for fun. I'm not sure what their parents thought when they went home covered in flour but it was fun to see them laugh and have a good time. Of course I had to try it in the comfort of my home before going and I agree that flour glue in the mouth and flour dust on the face is not so great....but you know you'll play it again!
You look so young in these pictures!:) CUTE FHE. That's cool you guys have been to that pool. We should go sometime. I wish we could enjoy the Cambria or the Provo pool in the summer...but we are never here!:( so sad.
Hmmm.... kind of an awesome idea, but mostly HORRIBLE, ha ha ha ha!
Post a Comment