Nicholas' latest:
Today we went to Target to grab some wipes. Of course, I had to pass through the little kids clothes to check things out. I was looking at all the cute summer clothes for little girls. Nicholas, my helper, was also looking at all the clothes. He would pull something off the shelf and say something like, "This would look cute on Em (speaking of the shorty short shorts they sell for little girls at Target). " I hand them back to him explaining we will get her shorts elsewhere this year (they were wayyyyy too short on her last year. I'm staring young to teach modesty. No offense to anyone that has or will purchase them.). We continue on our way when I hear Nicholas say, "Ohhh, I wish I wouldn't have seen this, we are going to have to get this for Emilie." Could he be mimicking something he has heard some time or another? Hmmmmm... (Just a note, if I remember correctly, the thing that we couldn't possibly live without for Emilie was actually a little boys shirt with baseball equipment on it.)
He also, on the way to Target, saw a cat alongside the road and was explaining its features to me. He was telling me (using hand gesture as well) that its neck was this size, tail this size and its head just happend to be as big as a full sized cat normally is. And then he says, "And that's a big noggin'."
I'm grateful for a little boy that made me laugh today. I needed a good laugh after being cooped up inside for most of the day.
Today we went to Target to grab some wipes. Of course, I had to pass through the little kids clothes to check things out. I was looking at all the cute summer clothes for little girls. Nicholas, my helper, was also looking at all the clothes. He would pull something off the shelf and say something like, "This would look cute on Em (speaking of the shorty short shorts they sell for little girls at Target). " I hand them back to him explaining we will get her shorts elsewhere this year (they were wayyyyy too short on her last year. I'm staring young to teach modesty. No offense to anyone that has or will purchase them.). We continue on our way when I hear Nicholas say, "Ohhh, I wish I wouldn't have seen this, we are going to have to get this for Emilie." Could he be mimicking something he has heard some time or another? Hmmmmm... (Just a note, if I remember correctly, the thing that we couldn't possibly live without for Emilie was actually a little boys shirt with baseball equipment on it.)
He also, on the way to Target, saw a cat alongside the road and was explaining its features to me. He was telling me (using hand gesture as well) that its neck was this size, tail this size and its head just happend to be as big as a full sized cat normally is. And then he says, "And that's a big noggin'."
I'm grateful for a little boy that made me laugh today. I needed a good laugh after being cooped up inside for most of the day.

6 comments:
Oh Nicholas is sooo funny!!! And I totally agree with you on the shorts thing. We always bought boy shorts for Katie Marie so that they would be a little longer. Oh and I love the quote at the top of your blog. It's a really good one.
a good laugh is sometimes the best therapy!
your little Nicholas is just sooo cute!
Try Mervyn's for shorts. That's where I got Mackay's last year and they didn't show off her entire diaper.
I'm so gla dyou record this stuff. It's going to make you smile for many MANY years to come.
Funny boy! Cute pictures. I get so behind on everyone's blogs these days! Cute kids you have. We need to play more.
Post a Comment