Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Emilie Talking

I love it when my kids start talking, not only because they are beginning to communicate in a different way, but it is so cute to hear the words come out the way they do. I think that my favorite thing that Emilie says right now is "pretty." I just love how she says it for some reason. Maybe it is because one day she just out of the blue started saying it. I was getting her dressed and she noticed a little bow on her onesie and she was saying, "pretty." Too cute!

Here is a video of a few of our favorite words of Emilie's right now. There are so many though that I can't catch them all on video. And as you can see, Emilie is quite the little character too! (She is a little screechy at the beginning because she wanted to "see" instead of having a video taken of her.)

One more note quick: Emilie is always the last one eating at the table. Sometimes I get up and start doing the dishes while she is still eating. Often times she points at my chair and says, "sidown" because she wants me to come back. The other morning she was doing it just to be funny while Nicholas and I were still sitting there eating. You can hear you say sidown in this video below.


Some other words she says, that are not caught on video that she said today:
sidewalk is walkie
freaky (Nicholas taught her this today)
Nicco is gecko-today was the first time she attempted this one and Nicholas thought it was really funny that she called him a gecko. Maybe a new nickname?
strawberry is staby

And there are many, many more.

5 comments:

daisy deb said...

just catchin' up, looks like you have been having some fun lately! cute pix

andrew and brittani said...

she's growing up so fast--I can't believe it

Henderson Family said...

She is a cutie pie. I love hearing little kids speaking. They sure do say funny things. If the word itself isn't funny, the way they say it is.

Diane said...

Emilie and Mackay need to get together with their "lizards." Emilie can name Mackay's cute little "green fella" and Mackay can "kiss" Emilie's "Gecko!"

Kira said...

Emilie is talking so well! I love it when kids are learning to talk and saying new words all the time, she is so cute!
Thanks for sharing your bread discovery as well. I always pass it in the grocery store wondering if I should give it a try, but now I will have to!