Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

New Discovery

I'm a little hesitant to tell you all this because I don't want the store shelves to be empty the next time that I go, but Shay and I have made a great discovery (according to us). Last week his mom gave us a freshly baked loaf of Rhodes Bread. It was delicious!! The next day I just happened to be passing the freezer section at Macey's and saw that you could get 3 loaves for just $3.29 and 5 for $5.29. In the end, they all come out be less then what we pay for Macey's Farm Bread (our bread of choice). I was ecstatic (I still need to see what they are at Wal-Mart). So last night we picked ourselves up some (the wheat kind) and I cooked 2 loaves today. I just enjoyed a piece with butter and homemade raspberry jam (this stuff is so good that I could drink it, literally). I should have made sure that the butter knife I was using wasn't the one from dinner with garlic butter on it, but it was still delicious.

So check out your local grocer and see if they have just as good of a deal. And if you're in the vicinity of a Macey's (Utah only) you can get raspberries for only $1.50 this week. That is a great deal as well!

Thanks to Shay's mom for introducing us to this wonderful bread!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I laughed out loud reading the "garlic butter knife" line. I love it; this is something I would so do knowingly to save on dish duty! And something that Ryan would be utterly disgusted at and give me his piece of bread! Glad to know that you've found such a delicious treat...sounds yummy.

Kristalyn said...

Yum...that sounds delicious, especially with raspberry jam! Thanks for the tip, we'll have to try those out :)

Babzanne Barker said...

If you want a great recipe for breadsticks made out of Mrs. Rhoades bread dough let me know! It's a family favorite. I haven't actually baked the dough into a loaf of bread, but if it's that good I'm going to try it! love, Aunt Babz