Two weekends ago we went up to Heber Valley Camp for a family reunion. My Grandma and Grandpa arranged for the accommodations and then other members of my moms family put together all of the details. We had a great time as evidenced by the pictures below.
My wonderful Grandparents sitting around the campfire with all of us singing songs that my mom's family sang growing up. The best part: hearing my Grandpa sing a song that he sang to us as children that we loved to hear him sing. (There is a video at the very bottom of the post)
Nicholas and William holding some props for our skit. Each family got a bag with 3 or 4 items that had to be used in the skit along with 3 phrases that my cousin at heard people say in just the few hours of us being there. I can't remember what all of our phrases are. The only one I can remember is: "My bum is still numb." I know, great one to remember. Probably because it got some good laughs as we tried to plan our skit. Our items were a light saber, a purse and the rock like thing Nicholas is holding.
Shay at the campfire singing the songs. I need to learn to give Shay the camera to include me in some pictures because there are none of me in the pictures I took.
The next morning all the younger kids got to go on a nature hike that Kerstin and my cousin Aarika arranged. They were to look for things that were flat that they could use in a craft when the got back to our campsite.
She loved to pick the dandelions. I thought we were going to be picking them all day. There were quite a few right here in this area. 
Doing the craft, putting their "flat" things between contact paper. Some of the stuff, especially the piece of driftwood Nicholas picked up, were not flat.
Eating cookies. (Emilie was very tired at this point. She only got 6 hours of sleep that night before and she usually gets about 11-12)
Jason and Nicholas. For one of the kids crafts, that my mom did, the kids got to decorate a popsicle stick frame with all kinds of objects. Nicholas wanted a picture of his Uncle Jason and him to put in his (instead of the picture of a temple or Jesus that were provided).
Family Olympics. Boy did we get some good laughs out of these. There were 3 legs of the family olympics, all involving small rubber chickens (which were actually very cute). The first leg, the chickens were thrown out on the ground (there were 40 of them) and one person from each team (two teams at a time) had to see how many chickens they could pick up and stuff in their shirt/jacket.
Here is William giving it a try.
We had a great time at our family reunion. It was fun to be out camping and enjoying family! If you haven't had a chance to go up to Heber Valley Camp you should give it a try sometime. It was beautiful (and my kind of camping. There were cabins with bunk beds. Although, they weren't all that comfortable. But is camping every very comfortable?)
And the best part of all...my grandpa singing Jonathan, Jospeh, Jeremiah
Here are the words:
Oh! Me Mother and Father were elgant folks.
They had such a feeling for practical jokes,
That when I was born, they bore the same mind
That I should pssess all the names they could find.
Chorus:
For, It's Jonathan, Joseph, Jeremiah,
Timothy, Thomas, Obediah,
Walter, Henry, Peter, Sam,
Nathaniel, Daniel, Abraham,
Christopher, Dick, Nicholas, Pat, Jehosaphat.
When I went to get married, the case itwas bad.
The clergyman looked at me like he was mad.
Said he, "My young man, without any rhyme,
You'll have to get married a bit at at time."
Chorus
Oh! Me Mother and Father were elgant folks.
They had such a feeling for practical jokes,
That when I was born, they bore the same mind
That I should pssess all the names they could find.
Chorus:
For, It's Jonathan, Joseph, Jeremiah,
Timothy, Thomas, Obediah,
Walter, Henry, Peter, Sam,
Nathaniel, Daniel, Abraham,
Christopher, Dick, Nicholas, Pat, Jehosaphat.
When I went to get married, the case itwas bad.
The clergyman looked at me like he was mad.
Said he, "My young man, without any rhyme,
You'll have to get married a bit at at time."
Chorus












7 comments:
Good times.
Oh, and what an awesome picture of me. I do take amazing photos if I do say so myself.
I love all the pictures! I will have to go up to that Heber Valley Camp sometime, it looks like a lot of fun!
Some history in the making! What fund reminders of a wonderful time.
It looks like you had a great time roughing it! When we first received word of the reunion I asked Nate if he thought we would be able to make it, he said no, so I scheduled photo shoots for that day. When the day got closer, though, Nate really wanted to go, but we couldn't make it out because of my photo shoots! From now on I will just assume that we will be attending everything we can that involves family without consulting Nate first. Then we'll probably be there.
That sounds like a really hilarious family reunion. Sounds like everyone had a great time. Can I pretend like I'm part of the family for the next one?;)
Jason's family had their fam. reunion there last year (and again this year...we just couldn't make it because of our new little one). It's a fun place to "play"! I hope they do it again next year so we can return!
I love family reunions! I totally thought those were real (live) chicks in the first picture and had to zoom in on the second to make sure William wasn't KILLING the chick. I'm glad they weren't living. That could have been messy!!
Post a Comment