Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

We Caved

Let it be known that June 23, 2009 was the day we finally caved and turned on our AC. It was just too hot to bear this evening (probably due to the crockpot going all day cooking some delicious london broil). It sure does feel good too!!

We are pretty excited that we lasted 1 month and 4 days longer than last year. Perhaps we can break our record again next year.

8 comments:

The Picketts said...

I'm SO jealous that you even HAVE that option! Being in AZ there's NO WAY we could have lasted that long! Although, we DO see how long we can wait to turn on the heat in the wintertime...does that count?! :o)

andrew and brittani said...

High Five!!! We've had ours on for months.

Kalli said...

Are you going to do the same thing when it turns to winter, not turning on your heater? I'm sure your kids would love wearing their snow coats and mittens around the house.

Today I packed up a picnic lunch for Mackay and I to enjoy at the park. We arrived at 11:00, I looked at the temperature gauge in my car which said 96 degrees, and we turned around, came home, and ate our picnic on the floor in the living room. I just get so irritable these days when I am too hot. So kudos to you for lasting so long!

Marci Ward said...

Way to go, we just caved too. When it hit 90 and the humidity was enough to smother you...yep it's time.
I hope you are having a great summer. Oh and I'll be in SLC on Aug 5th for my mom's sealing...maybe we could get together for lunch or something.

AJ and Cindy said...

that is nice! We haven't had to use ours too much either, especially with all this rain we have been getting!

Jenn said...

I can't believe you've been able to hold out so long! Maybe it's cuz I'm pregnant, but we've had ours on for at least a month or two and turn it on full blast at night so I can try and get some sleep, and yet I still feel like it's too hot.

Megan B ♥ said...

LOL, you are total rock stars! Because of Mr. SuperSwaddle, I didn't make it very long this season. I blame him because surely I could have dealt with it longer. Maybe....

Shannon said...

We want a post! We want a post! No pressure, though. Love ya!
shan