Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fun in the Sun

Yesterday afternoon we went here...This swimming pool also has two big slides that are fun, fun, fun (no picture because I didn't take the camera). We went to this pool a couple of times last year as well. Nicholas was a little apprehensive last year about the bid slides, but still went on them. This year, when we told him we would be going, he said, "I think I'll wait till next year to go down the slides." To this Shay said, as we are going into the pool, "You are going down." Guess who couldn't get enough of the slides once he experienced it once? I wish I had my camera to capture the pure joy on his face every single time he came out of the slide. Each time saying, "again, again, again." We spent 90% of our time there going down the slides.

Shay took Emilie down the slide first thing. As I was taking her up the slide for a second run she kept saying, "No again, no again." Shaking her head and clinging tightly to me. Each time she did this, but by the last ride of the day she was pretty excited as well.

If you have a chance to go in the next week before it closes we highly recommend it. The splash park part is really fun too!

2 comments:

CL said...

We didn't ever get to go there since we were gone for the summer but it sure looks like fun!

Daniel and Sheena said...

I really miss this pool. I loved going to it when I was pregnant with Parker and sitting in the pool while Staucie played with my sister.