We have decided that it is time to make our blog private. Our kids are getting older and it is getting harder to keep sensitive information (ie: location of where we live) off of our blog. We would feel much better if we knew we were more protected, especially our little ones.
We will try to make it a little bit easier and hopefully those of you who enjoy reading our blog will continue to come back and visit. For those of you who use Google reader, we have created another blog (http://kims-updates.blogspot.com/) where I will post when I update our private blog. That way it will still show up on your Google reader, you'll just have to click over to our main blog. My cousin does this and I think it is a genius idea, so I hope she doesn't mind me doing the same. With this, please change the link on your side bar (if we are there) to this new blog. That way if there is anyone that knows us and wants access they will know how to contact us.
Additionally, for those of you who do not use Google reader, but want some kind of notice that we have updated, let me know and I can add you to an email list that will go out each time we update.
So, please leave me your email addresses (if you don't want to leave it here, you can email me at shayandkim(at)gmail(dot)com) if you want to continue reading our blog (even if you think I may already have it, please leave it so I don't leave you out). I will be making it private by August 16th. Even if we do not know that you are reading our blog and you have found us through blog stocking and there is some kind of connection, leave us your email address. We would love to have you keep reading.
*Parents, grandparents and siblings: We do have your email addresses.
Don't worry about giving them to us. You will be invited.
We will try to make it a little bit easier and hopefully those of you who enjoy reading our blog will continue to come back and visit. For those of you who use Google reader, we have created another blog (http://kims-updates.blogspot.com/) where I will post when I update our private blog. That way it will still show up on your Google reader, you'll just have to click over to our main blog. My cousin does this and I think it is a genius idea, so I hope she doesn't mind me doing the same. With this, please change the link on your side bar (if we are there) to this new blog. That way if there is anyone that knows us and wants access they will know how to contact us.
Additionally, for those of you who do not use Google reader, but want some kind of notice that we have updated, let me know and I can add you to an email list that will go out each time we update.
So, please leave me your email addresses (if you don't want to leave it here, you can email me at shayandkim(at)gmail(dot)com) if you want to continue reading our blog (even if you think I may already have it, please leave it so I don't leave you out). I will be making it private by August 16th. Even if we do not know that you are reading our blog and you have found us through blog stocking and there is some kind of connection, leave us your email address. We would love to have you keep reading.
*Parents, grandparents and siblings: We do have your email addresses.
Don't worry about giving them to us. You will be invited.

23 comments:
I love reading your blog!
bdbronson00@aol.com
brittlcraft(at)yahoo(dot)com
mattbradshaw12@gmail.com
I love your solutions to the age-old (well, blog-old) dilemma of going private. Of course I would love an invite:
shannonbooher(at)gmail(dot)com
...and Nicholas's Uno comments are cracking me up.
please add us!
jasonanddiana@gmail.com
Good idea on the extra blog to let you know the private one is updated. I might have to steal that idea myself someday.
akagrover@gmail.com
Beckie.Taylor@gmail.com
smcbarker@gmail.com
modernems@yahoo.com
brittanidibb@gmail.com
jujube6@gmail.com
katiana82@hotmail.com
lees.sheena@gmail.com
dannyandsaragibson@yahoo.com
carlyblaney@gmail.com
yes please
marciward22@yahoo.com
mindygrover@gmail.com
mhjohnson9@yahoo.com
invite us, of course! And genius idea on the googlereader! SO relieved!
Hope i get an invite
Yep I also like the idea of a separate blog for updates! Great idea!
angelaliddle(at)gmail(dot)com
jessicawahlen@yahoo.com
Please add us!!
fydreams02@comcast.net
Thanks!!
Post a Comment