Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Soccer Nicholas

We have officially entered the stage where we are letting our children try different things out to see what they like to do, starting with soccer for Nicholas.

Here is our "soccer Nicholas." After he got his jersey last night and then this morning after he got all dressed up, he was running around the house saying, "soccer Nicholas." It was too cute!!For some reason he wanted to stand like this, not sure why.
Here he is in the "herd." It was comical to watch these little 4 and 5 year olds trying to figure out what they were supposed to be doing. Sometimes the team would take the ball to their own goal. Other times someone would get the ball and then just dribble it until the whistle blew which meant it went out of bounds. Many smiles were brought to my face as I watched.
It will be fun to see whether or not Nicholas likes soccer. He seemed to like it today. He said it was fun, but that he got hot and sweaty. There were several times when he was playing that he would just walk off the field to get a drink and to let me know he was hot. We'll have to work on that.

And I couldn't leave Emilie out. Here is a cute "cheeessseee" picture from her.

7 comments:

Henderson Family said...

That is so cute!!! I can't wait till we start getting Katie Marie involved in sports/dance/music or something. It sure will be fun to watch. Nicholas looks awesome in his little soccer jersey:)

Kalli said...

Haha, I can't believe Nicholas is that old! I can't wait until the age that I have to spend even more money on my child....

I played soccer for three years. I kicked the ball one time--and it went directly out of bounds. Most of the time I would be a "defender" and would sit down in the grass because I was tired of standing. Yeah, I'd have to say that I wasn't a natural.

Go, Nicholas!!

Katy said...

So fun! He looks so cute in his soccer jersey. I can't wait to have Kylie start trying different activities.

Tess said...

Looks like fun! I had Dawson registered to play itty bitty soccer for last week and this week and didn't get the chance to take him. Oh well. Emilie looks all grown up in that picture!

Tess said...

Oh by the way, this comment and the above one is from me, Kira. I'm on the parent's computer and it automatically had this log in.

Carrie said...

how fun! i want to get colsie on a sports team but i don't know what yet.

that's cute how he just walks off the field in the middle of the game, but that's what makes kids sports so fun. at this point it's all just for fun. not so serious.

Daniel said...

Oh how cute. Daniel wants our kids to play lots of sports. I want to put Staucie in gymnastics. I like the picture of Nicholas' pose. I think it is of him kicking, its an action pose.