Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Synchronized Handless Somersaults

The other night we were doing our bedtime routine and just enjoying some time as a family. One of Emilie's new things to do in the last month or so are somersaults. I looked over while Shay and I were talking and noticed that Emilie was doing somersaults without using her hands. Below is the video proof (sometimes she does it, sometimes not). Nicholas thought it would be fun to try too, so he joined in. They actually are doing them synchronized for the first video. The second video they don't do it as much without hands, but I love the fun and laughter that is going on.



8 comments:

CL said...

So fun! Nicolas is so attentive to when Emilie is going to go. We did Tumbling Tots through Provo's rec center. Luke loved it and is still asking about doing it again. So- if you wanted to go into Provo I highly recommend it- it's for 2 and 3 year olds :-)

Diane said...

Can't tell if it's the laughing or the somersaults making them little "dizzy wizzies!" Oh to be delighted by the simple things of life!

Kira said...

So cute, they play so well together! Emilie is very talented with already doing somersaults one-handed.

Kira said...

I mean no handed.

Shannon said...

They are getting so big! I cannot believe it; I love them standing side by side and seeing how much they really do look alike. What a fun game. That is quite the talent, those no-handed somersaults.

Kalli said...

I cannot believe how old Emilie is! I have never thought of her as a little girl before this video. After Mackay and I studied it a few times we went and tried to do somersaults. Mackay has tried in the past, but with no real luck. And after our last try, it looks like we will need to keep practicing. Way to go Emilie! She is going to be a gymnist!

Megan B ♥ said...

LOL!!! What a couple of tough little noggins!

Megan B ♥ said...

You wouldn't trust Emilie with a spoon and applesauce? I wouldn't trust Tanner OR Kinley!! My kids are total spoon-disasters, even sitting at the table sometimes! I can't even imagine the mess in a car they would make, ha ha ha! Oh my land, I wouldn't even do it in a cup!! Even Kinley has to use a sippy cup in the car! They are SUCH messy eaters/drinkers!!

In that bath tub picture, I really see the facial resemblance between Nic and Em.

Ha ha, I was thinking the same thing when I saw the undie-head pictures... "haven't I seen this sometime before in this blog? They must just love this family activity" :)

Hey, next time we come over, we need to make rain sticks... my kids would dig that. Emilie looks so big and focused making her rain stick!

Where exactly is that sandbox?

Square food gardening rocks! Or so I've been testified to. I haven't tried it myself, but I hope to in the next 1-2 years!