So, I am a bit behind on the pictures I have wanted to blog, so I am going to start with May. Mostly for if I turn this into any kind of book someday. But I thought they were ones that everyone would enjoy as well.
At the beginning of May the kids and I, along with Kerstin and William, went to Colorado to visit my parents. We decided to do "prizes" for the kids every hour along with other fun things to play with in between. One of the things to play with were pipe cleaners. They had to see what they could make out of theirs.
At the beginning of May the kids and I, along with Kerstin and William, went to Colorado to visit my parents. We decided to do "prizes" for the kids every hour along with other fun things to play with in between. One of the things to play with were pipe cleaners. They had to see what they could make out of theirs.

Here is Nicholas and his scary claws.
Another one of the things we took was tin foil. Another thing to see what you can make out of it.
I think I had folded a bunny or something for Emilie and she was fairly entertained by it.
The boys had fun sword fighting with their straws from their juice boxes.
This was Emilie the last 2 hours of the trip. If I remember correctly she only had slept for 30 minutes and was not a happy camper. Needless to say she was happy to finally get out of the car, as were all of us.
This was earlier in the trip, but we had given the kids some applesauce to eat. Well, I did not want to give Emilie free reign of the applesauce with a spoon in the car (she was and is still trying to master the art of eating with a spoon without spilling all of its contents). So we put it in a cup and she drank it instead.
We had stopped along the side of the road for a minute for something and we happened to stop by this lovely pond. Nicholas coined it the "apple juice pond." Not sure why he thinks that looks like apple juice. The train in the background though was very cool.
Here the kids are playing with some of the toys I played with as a kid. It was fun to play with them with those toys.
For some reason, we like to stick underwear and diaper covers on our heads at our house (see here for previous time). Here Shay is with a diaper cover on his head and dolly with a diaper on her head. Lovely picture.
Emilie got her very first haircut in May. Here is the finished product. I forgot to take a before. It was pretty much so that it was even all the way around.
We planted a garden (here at our house and also at Shay's parents house. They let us use some of their dirt to plant some things. I believe I took pictures, but they must be in my June file).While I was in Colorado Shay along with the help of his parents built this square foot garden, the sandbox below, and put shelves in Nicholas' room. All three have been wonderful.


And for your viewing pleasure. This was a day when Nicholas and William decided to be in a band. And they even recruited a drum player, Kerstin. Sorry they are dark, I should have been over by the windows instead of pointing the camera toward the windows. Kerstin is going to love me for putting up this first video.June recap to come soon.

















3 comments:
So fun! Love the cousins playing together- aren't sister's the greatest?
Kerstin has FOUND a hidden talent! Love it! And I love the fun, candid picture of you and Nicholas-that one reminds me of our college days, for some reason! What a fun and exciting month May was. You two are seriously the best moms in the world; when we have kids can I live by you guys, and piggy-back off of all of your fabulous, creative ideas? Thanks. Can I get that in writing?
You wouldn't trust Emilie with a spoon and applesauce? I wouldn't trust Tanner OR Kinley!! My kids are total spoon-disasters, even sitting at the table sometimes! I can't even imagine the mess in a car they would make, ha ha ha! Oh my land, I wouldn't even do it in a cup!! Even Kinley has to use a sippy cup in the car! They are SUCH messy eaters/drinkers!!
In that bath tub picture, I really see the facial resemblance between Nic and Em.
Ha ha, I was thinking the same thing when I saw the undie-head pictures... "haven't I seen this sometime before in this blog? They must just love this family activity" :)
Hey, next time we come over, we need to make rain sticks... my kids would dig that. Emilie looks so big and focused making her rain stick!
Where exactly is that sandbox?
Square food gardening rocks! Or so I've been testified to. I haven't tried it myself, but I hope to in the next 1-2 years!
Post a Comment