I became a Food Network junky when Nicholas was born and I had a lot of time on my hands while I was nursing him. I loved being able to sit and watch a lot of the different shows (don't have as much time to do that anymore). One of my favorites became the Unwrapped show. They show you the behind the scenes on where food comes from. I for some reason LOVE behind the scenes on these kind of things (remember the part of Mr. Roger's Neighborhood where they showed how crayons were made, LOVED IT). So imagine my utter excitement when, on Saturday evening, I turned on the Food Network and they were doing the Food Network Unwrapped. Behind the scenes on how the shows on Food Network are made. I was in heaven. Seriously. They even showed several of my favorite shows. I was ready to go to bed, when all of a sudden Food Network Unwrapped Part 2 came on. Shay had to literally pull the remote out of my hand so that I wouldn't sit there and watch it (thank goodness for Tivo). I just finished watching it tonight and I loved every minute. Makes me want to go be part of the Food Network. Someday. I really think it would be fun to be part of something there. Perhaps a stylist or someone that goes shopping for all the food or perhaps one of the culinary staff that gets the food all set up for the show. Something. One day perhaps that dream will come true too!
Monday, September 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love the Food Network too. I use it as proof to Justin that some people really DO love food as much as I do, so I'm not abnormally obsessed! PS, I watched the Mr. Rogers goes to the hot dog factory "from farm to table". Yeaaaaah.... I was scarred forever.
Forget the assisting stuff; you could totally have your own show on the Food Network! "Kim's Tasty Treats" or "Kooking with Kimberly". Eh? Eh?
Post a Comment