Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Monday, September 21, 2009

Sweet Laughter

Tonight as I have been preparing dinner the kids have been in the bathtub (they wanted to play with water on the kitchen floor so I suggested they could play with a bunch of water if they just hopped into the tub). They have been having sooooo much fun together in there and I have heard gut laughs going on. I love gut laughs coming from my children. Pure joy.

Bonus: Nicholas Quote from yesterday...

It was Nicholas' turn to say family prayer last night. In an effort to help Nicholas with more meaningful prayers, Shay asked him beforehand to think of some things he was grateful for. Nicholas said a few and then Shay suggested, "Well, how about your family?" To that Nicholas responded, "Nah, I've got something better. How about the air outside." Equally important.

3 comments:

andrew and brittani said...

haha isn't it funny how kids' minds work

Shannon said...

Yes, equally important. Thank you, Nicholas, for the reminder. ;)

Henderson Family said...

Kids are so funny!!! I just can't get enough of it.