Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Nicholas Quote

We were having some time coloring this afternoon and Nicholas asked me what a five looked like. So I wrote the numbers 0-9 on a paper. Then I went over to him to show him how to put numbers together to form numbers higher than 10. As I started, he said to me, "Mom, you can teach me that in a minute, but I'm just trying to draw a 5." Silly kid. He also told me that he was drawing a 5 because he added 1 and 4 together. Getting smarter everyday.

3 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

Smartie pants :)

Henderson Family said...

So smart!!!

Shannon said...

Well, when you have geniuses for parents, what do you expect? :) I love the hiking pics, too. What a fun outing. And I also am a fan of the new Emilie quotes. I think it's adorable that she calls Nicholas Nicky. Why is she growing up so quickly? Tell me this.