Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Have a lot of zucchini?

Here is a yummy recipe (thanks mom for the recommendation):

4 cups thinly sliced unpeeled zucchini
1 cup coarsely chopped onion
1/2 cup butter (we decreased this by half)
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. sweet basil leaves
1/4 tsp. oregano leaves
2 eggs, well beaten
2 cups shredded Mozzarella or Muenster cheese
1 (8 oz) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
2 tsp. Dijon mustard

Heat over to 375 degrees. In a 10 inch skillet (no smaller, no larger :), cook zucchini and onion in butter until tender. Stir in parsley and seasonings. In a large bowl, blend eggs and cheese. Stir in vegetable mixture. Separate dough into triangles. Place in an ungreased 11 inch quiche pan or 12x8 inch baking dish. Press over the bottom and up the sides to form a crust. Pour vegetable mixture evenly into crust. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let it stand 10 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges and serve hot.

Shay, Emilie and I thought that this was super tasty. Nicholas on the other hand did not (he only took one bite that he promptly spit out in the trash). I announced at the end of dinner that we had enough leftover for tomorrow nights dinner. Shay said to Nicholas, "I bet you're already excited for dinner tomorrow night?" Nicholas responded with, "I bet I'm grossed out with tomorrows dinner." We laughed. I am getting used to the fact that he does not like a lot of what I cook. I do know one thing though, he is going to wake up super hungry in the morning from only eating peaches for dinner tonight.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Mmmm. I'll have Nicholas's portion :). At least he's honest. Gotta give him that! And that is a very good thing, yes? ;)

Megan B ♥ said...

Thanks! This is going right to my "yummy recipes I want to try" blog!