On Sunday I made the mistake of deciding to cut Nicholas' hair, on a Sunday. I have learned now that no matter how long it is, it can wait until Monday. Here is how the story goes:Nicholas already did not want to have his hair cut, but it was nearly a forest and I really wanted to get it done and return him to the short haired kid I know and love. He finally agreed to have it done (I should have known not to do it since he had been defiant about it already).
So we begin. As we have done in the past, he can tell us where he wants us to cut first. So this time was no different. He wanted me to start 2 inches from the front and go to the crown of his head. Okay. Done. Then he wanted two patches, one on each side leading to the middle portion. Okay. Done. I was ready to move on when Nicholas informed me he was done with getting his haircut. He was finished with standing on the stool and was okay with the outcome.
After 10-15 minutes of coaxing (thank goodness for Tivo because this cut into the first portion of General Conference), he still would not let either Shay or I finish it off and decided to step into the bathtub to take his "after" hair cut bath.
Shay and I dropped it and went to watch conference (of course, I was fuming over it still). Not a great way to start off Sunday morning.
Here is the outcome of Nicholas' preferred haircut (the pictures really do not do it the justice it deserves):
After the first session, Shay started to make some muddy buddies and Nicholas really wanted some. We had taken treats away for the day (mean parents, I know). He asked if we could just save him some and we told him we couldn't guarantee it. He knew that if he got his haircut finished he could have some, so he gave in and allowed us to finish his hair off. Doesn't this hair cut look so much cuter? I think so too!This is what happens when you leave your daughter with your sister without her hair done for the day. They played beauty parlor. I believe it was Kerstin doing this, she may have had some help from the boys.








8 comments:
Cute kids Kim! Love them lots! You were wise to let him go around with crazy hair for awhile.
I swear pegged pants will be back soon enough (along with big bangs:). Just like the leggings, big belts, long sweaters...you name it!
I still think Em is darling with her hair accessories.
I love all the hair accessories and frankly, who can blame her- it's not like she has a girl to beautify so she had to take advantage!
Oh Nicholas, what a kid! I can just see the scene; I laughed pretty hard at this, Kimberly. And I love Em's hair; very stylish, very chic. And if anyone can bring pegged pants back, it would be William(actually, I think skinny jeans are a camouflaged way of bringing pegged pants back--but don't put William in skinny jeans). You guys have way too much fun at your house and Kerstin's. :)
Interesting hair cut for sure!!!
Much better in the end :)
There is a reason why Kerstin didn't have a girl. And it looks like Emilie got her hair bleached, too!
Cute do's!!! An up-do is actually fantastic on Em. I doooo want muddy buddies made Nicholas' final do a great choice. And William, do you really understand that's how Mom and Dad wore their pants/jeans??? A do-ing it retro post all around.
Post a Comment