Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Funnies from Today

My kids love to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (even though they have seen each episode about 10 times by now). So Nicholas has picked up how to spell Mickey Mouse because they spell it out in the intro song. One day he was singing it and I got all excited and told him he was actually spelling a word (he likes to try to spell things and see if they are words, which they usually are not. Time to start reading? Yes). He has now decided to change things up a little bit and instead spells out, "M-I-C-K-E-Y L-O-U-S-E." Make me giggle every time. Tonight I explained to him what louse was.

And on to Emilie. Her's takes some explanation. She has been sick off and on for a few weeks. First it was a cold, then a fever, then hives for 4-5 days, back to a cold. Various things. People in the ward probably thought the kids and I had decided to go inactive because I think we have only been 3-4 times the whole year. Not a good track record. Anyway...finally on Saturday I took her to the doctor because she kept complaining about not feeling well. I told the pediatrician, "There is something wrong, I'm just not sure what it is." Come to find out, double ear infection (first ear infection ever in our house). Sad day. So off we went to get the medication. We got home and I wasn't sure what it was going to taste like so I thought I better make it as exciting as possible. I said to her, "Look Em, you get to take pink medicine!" (She knows her medicines by color- Ibuprofen: orange, Benadryl: red, Amoxicillin: pink) Her eyes went as wide as possible and she said, "Wowwwww." Totally amazed. She LOVES to take her pink medicine and even says it is yummy. So tonight she was complaining about her bum hurting (diaper rash) and wanted some lotion (diaper ointment). As Shay left the room from bringing it to us he said, "Are you already addicted to medicine?" And without skipping a beat Em replied, "Yeah." Maybe we should keep our eye on her. Hopefully she will be completely better by the end of the 10 day round of Amoxicillin and we can stop giving her medicine for her various illnesses.

And one more from Em: Today I was making a caramel popcorn for snack and Emilie was helping me. She likes to sneak tastes of brown sugar (wonder where she learned that?). After she got a bite she said, "I like brown sugar, it's yummy to my tummy." Too cute.

These two kiddos are so much fun. They keep my laughing every day. I love being a mommy! Can't wait to add the third into the bunch and see what he adds to the mix.

4 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

Now that he knows what a LOUSE is, how is the song going to go in the future? Is he THRILLED with his enhancements? Boys are kinda icky that way sometimes, but I never know with Nicholas!

LOL, Emilie, you silly girl! We have a few essential oils that we use for various things and sometimes we just use them (topically, of course) to make the kids feel better emotionally. I figure it's all good stuff that can't hurt them!

sheena said...

Funny kids. We miss playing. I want your carmel recipe! I have been meaning to ask you for it.

Kayla said...

Poor Emilie. Hope she feels better soon. My kids have been sick FOREVER too and I just wish it would all go away and the sun would come out and spring would be here!!

Kristalyn said...

Ear infections are the worst! I bet the medicine will help. You are lucky that she loves to take it, I always had to force it down my boys' throats. :( THey always got diaper rashes after being on it a few days, too...I think it does weird things to their digestive track. Good luck!