Two recipes that we have loved recently:
The first are these Homemade Granola bars. They are delicious. We have done ours with cranberries and almonds (chopped up small) and then today I added coconut to the batch. Adds some yummy flavor. I love this recipe because the ingredients are things I almost always have on hand. Can't wait to try some other combination's.
The second recipe is this strawberry butter (scroll down a bit). You will want to make sure that you follow the directions to have the butter very soft. One hour on your counter top is not enough. Nicholas came up to look at it while I was blending it and he said, "That looks like chopped up meat." And now he refuses to try it. But he is missing out. I did let it set out for a while and then re-blended it to make it smooth.
Happy cooking!
(Sorry for the lack of pictures. I thought I would just link it back to the blogs I found it on to make it easier and avoid problems with using other people's pictures.)
The first are these Homemade Granola bars. They are delicious. We have done ours with cranberries and almonds (chopped up small) and then today I added coconut to the batch. Adds some yummy flavor. I love this recipe because the ingredients are things I almost always have on hand. Can't wait to try some other combination's.
The second recipe is this strawberry butter (scroll down a bit). You will want to make sure that you follow the directions to have the butter very soft. One hour on your counter top is not enough. Nicholas came up to look at it while I was blending it and he said, "That looks like chopped up meat." And now he refuses to try it. But he is missing out. I did let it set out for a while and then re-blended it to make it smooth.
Happy cooking!
(Sorry for the lack of pictures. I thought I would just link it back to the blogs I found it on to make it easier and avoid problems with using other people's pictures.)

4 comments:
Mmm.. I can't wait to try these out. Thanks!!
Mmmm. They both sound and look yummy. Have you made your orange bread as of late? I was thinking I need to get that recipe from you, along with you and Kerstin's home-made mac-n-cheese recipe. My mouth is salivating just thinking about it.
They book look SO good. Thanks for sharing! By the way my sister LOVED the cookie bar things you brought for Vday!
I cannot wait to make these granola bars. My kids go through them so fast that I should be making my own duh! You are awesome. Thanks!
Post a Comment