
I love it when my kids get to the point when their birthdays are exciting for them. Emilie was definitely excited for her birthday. Ever since Shay's birthday in May she has known that hers was next and would often ask when it was. The day finally arrived and she loved it. She knew it was all about her. Shay had to leave for school/work earlier than she woke up, so we weren't able to celebrate together until he got home. But we let her open up presents in the morning from Aunts and Grandma's and Grandpa's.


And, of course, we played with the things she got. She loved everything! I had to include all of the following pictures because I love all of her different expressions.

For her cake, Emilie requested a raspberry cake decorated as a ladybug. Luckily, my friend from my ward posted at the end of June a homemade strawberry cake. I just substituted the raspberries in for the strawberries. It is absolutely delicious. Especially the frosting. YUM! (I almost had a piece of one of the cupcakes for breakfast this morning, but resisted). You can find the recipe
here (Erica is one of the craftiest people I know and I love to see all the fun things she makes and posts on her blog).


Opening Mickey Mouse. She loves Mickey Mouse.

It was a great day! Full of fun.
3 comments:
What a patient three year old! That cake looks so cute...great job, mom! And it sounds like it was absolutely delicious. I'm going to have to try this cake out. Thanks for the link!
Emilie looks so grown up! Such a little lady. :) You did a great job with the cake, it sounds delicious! I think I almost definitely would not have resisted and had one for breakfast. :)
Amazing cake Kim! Wow! That little Emilie is sure a cutie :)
Post a Comment