Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Guess Who is 5 Months Old

Yep, this little fellow! And he's so darling that I couldn't help but post a bunch of pictures I took of him in one sitting.

He turned 5 months old on the 28th. Here are some fun facts about Carter:

- for the longest time the only noise that he has made is screeching. And these
screeches have been his happy noises. It has been so, so cute. He is now starting to make more cooing noises.

-he is a very happy baby. When he catches someone’s eye he rewards with a smile.
It really is a win win situation.

- he has figured out how to roll from his back to his stomach and does it quite quickly
almost anytime he gets put down. (It is so cute to watch because he buries his little face in the ground to be able to make it happen.)

- he loves to watch Nicholas and Emilie. He is observing and noting for a later time
when he can move more.

- he is sleeping through the night and has been for 2 months now.

- he is a complete joy to have in our home!

Enjoy some cute pictures...

And here he is with Emilie. And here's a fun story from the other day about her and Carter. I was getting breakfast ready and Emilie wanted a handful of Life cereal to snack on. Carter was in his crib and Nicholas and Emilie were in there playing with him. Emilie came out and said to me, "Mom, all that Carter does when I give him a piece of Life is cough and cough." At first I freaked out and ran in to make sure that he was okay. Nicholas was in his crib with him and informed me that he had "save his life." And then after I explained to Emilie that Carter doesn't yet eat solid foods I just laughed because of the innocence of the whole thing.
I love this picture of Carter (not so good of Emilie) because he is just looking at his big sister. This is what he spends his time doing, watching his siblings.

8 comments:

Shannon said...

he is the cutest! nicholas can now be the big boy because carter is a little nicholas!

CL said...

fun, fun times!

nhsphoto said...

oh my gosh! he is a little nicholas clone! SO adorable. (sorry, i'm catching up!)

Megan B ♥ said...

LOL, that is SO cute/scary. We love Life cereal and some day Carter will too!!

Julianna said...

Love these kids, too!!!

Brittney said...

Super cute pics. When I first saw them, I thought he looked just like Nicholas, but the more I saw the more I thought that he looks just like Emilie, except a boy version!!!

Angela said...

Carter is a sweet boy! That is funny/scary about the story with Emilie! But hey at least you can laugh about it now and hope it doesn't happen in the future :) You have such a sweet family!

Katy said...

Oh my goodness...he is so cute. There is definitely a strong family resemblance. You make cute kids!!!