Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Our Easter Weekend

Here are our cute pictures from Easter weekend. It was a great weekend, filled with a lot of candy and the spirit of Easter. We had wonderful talks given in church on Sunday (including one given by Shay). One of my favorites though was singing the hymn "Christ the Lord is Risen Today," at the end of our Sacrament meeting. What a beautiful message this hymn has and gives hope to all of us. Enjoy the pictures of our cute kiddos...

Nicholas and Emilie in the "Easter" clothes. Nicholas actually just got a tie for the first time and Emilie has worn the dress the last two weeks, but it's just so cute, we have to get the most use out of it we can. As you can tell, we could not get both of them to look at the camera at the same time. Emilie much prefers to look at her big brother.
Snuggling up next to her brother. What cuties!!
So we decided that we would love it if the Easter Bunny could come every day. Here is why...He came on Saturday to our house. So on Friday evening, we dyed easter eggs and then got Nicholas ready for bed.(By the way, Nicholas was just so excited while decorating the egg and that the Easter bunny was coming, he had been waiting ALL week long and it was finally here.) Right before Nicholas went to bed we were reading scriptures out of his scripture reader. Shay was reading and I was watching Nicholas. He was looking around the room. The whole time you could tell his mind was not on what Shay was reading. Mid-way through he says to us: "How do you think the Easter Bunny gets into our house?" Right after scriptures, he sat there for a minute and then said, "Well, I guess I better go to bed so the Easter Bunny can come." And off he went, walked to his room and only came out once because I didn't put the pennies by his door that we put there every night before bed. If only it was that easy every night.

Most of the following pictures of Easter Bunny morning are of Emilie because we got more video of Nicholas.
His first Easter Egg find.
Emilie discovering the easter grass.
This picture isn't very good quality, but I love the face she is making. Daddy was being silly and putting her lamby on her head.
Daddy and Emilie playing.
Eating the easter grass. Hopefully it's non-toxic. I think she looks a little like her cousin Dawson in this picture.
This stuff is everywhere!!! Courtesy of Dad.
Dyeing the Easter Eggs. He had soooooooo much fun.
(Shay took this picture and I love it. What an eye for a good angle!!)
Shay helping to dye the Easter Eggs.

4 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

Great pictures! I love the adoring looks Emilie is giving to Nicholas. I'm so jealous of your peaceful Easter morning pictures :)

Katy said...

I loved the Easter pictures! I especially love the ones of the kids all dressed up. Very sweet.

Kati Atwood said...

Your kids are TOO cute!! And those Nicholas quotes are AWESOME!! He is such a serious matter-of-fact kid. I wish we could all just say what we really mean like that!

Shannon & Ryan said...

Hi Kim friend,
tried posting a comment the other day and it looks like it didn't make it on. Thank you for your comment on my stress post--please tell Kerstin and Joel that I have officially adopted their trip word rules! Loved it--I laughed out loud! I sure do love you. Looks like Easter was a wonderful weekend for you guys.