Faith is not what you demonstrate to get what you want--it is what you demonstrate no matter what you get.

“Stand as a Witness,” The Biography of Ardeth Green Kapp by Anita Thompson

Friday, May 16, 2008

Disgusting

To start off this story I first have to tell you all that just yesterday Emilie learned to pick a piece of food up and put it in her mouth. She has actually been doing this for a while, but would not let go of the food, she would just pull it back out. So now she let's go and just eats whatever she puts in. So...last night we were having a bbq with some neighbors. Emilie was very insistent that she be down crawling around all over the dirty cement. After a while of trying to get her to sit still (impossible), I just gave in and let her go. She was filthy. But that's beside the point. So she was crawling all around and ended up in the grass. I was a few feet away talking to some of our neighbors. I hadn't been watching her, but when I looked down she was chewing on something. So I went over to pull out whatever it was (thinking it was just wood chips from the near by jungle gym) and it was the remains of a cigarette. Needless to say was disgusted. I pulled it out of her mouth and got her some water. YUCK!!! I just had to try and not think about it or I might have been inside washing her mouth out with soap.

More pictures to come soon. They're off the camera. Now I just have to get them ready to post. Being that I edit photos for Shay and make them look good for people to preview, I always have to make our photos look the best that I can coming off of our camera too.

2 comments:

Shannon & Ryan said...

Um, yuck. It sounds like you handled it pretty well, though, considering. Good job!
Oh, I think this picture is adorable. She is just so scrumptious.

Megan B ♥ said...

Aaaaaak. I'm with you. N-a-s-t-y.